Combat Models A-26A Counter Invader (1/32)

Still watching this with a lot of interest. My own model (ID models) is presently under construction. Many of the problems you are encountering are similar to what I have. My fuselage is about 70% complete and I'm currently working on the wings. I want to thank you for insperation and for doing such a wonderful job on your build. Just one heads up for you . I'm encountering a problem ith the engine cowls. I'm doing the late "Congo style conversion for the intakes. The ID kit s exhaust port indentations do not line up correctly. As a matter of fact they are completly differant for both wings. I'm having to scratch build nw ones to replace them. I was wondering of Combat kit is similar in that sense?

Edited by polsam

Still watching this with a lot of interest. My own model (ID models) is presently under construction. Many of the problems you are encountering are similar to what I have. My fuselage is about 70% complete and I'm currently working on the wings. I want to thank you for insperation and for doing such a wonderful job on your build. Just one heads up for you . I'm encountering a problem ith the engine cowls. I'm doing the late "Congo style conversion for the intakes. The ID kit s exhaust port indentations do not line up correctly. As a matter of fact they are completly differant for both wings. I'm having to scratch build nw ones to replace them. I was wondering of Combat kit is similar in that sense?

Polsam.......Sorry I haven't gotten that far.........A cursory look however don't show those problems ......But that said the exhaust cowling will have to be rebuilt.........On a past build I've used either .05 thou. or .10 thou sheet brass.......1st make a paper or index card template......I usually glue templates on with simple stick glue.....then cut out.....I would sand the brass (kinda rough it up) to take primer /paint good..............HTH

This is a really COOL  airplane , but I wish it could be a "Real B-26" :rofl:  :rofl:    sorry i'm a Marauder Kinda Guy

I do think this is a COOL build and watching your effort is inspiring and one day I may have to tackle the Marauder kit

Looking forward to your progress

watch'in you :wicked: 

jack

A Marauder?........................................

1796660_10201134099989032_936862612_n1_z

Edited by oldthudman5

Started (just started) main wheels brake calipers.........Still trying to figure out how to duplicate main wheel hub assemble....The A-26A/B-26K main wheels were from a KC-135/C-135.....The 1/48 wheels from the Cutting Edge set (IIRC) were beautifully made too......Unfortunately there is no 1/32 C-135/KC-135.... 

IMG_0376_zps9e211883.jpg

Great build, maybe you could get a cog of the required size and shape for the central hub detail, no doubt still need some work, bevelling the edges, etc.,

Quite a few job lots of watch cogs on ebay...

Edited by Kagemusha

Polsam.......Sorry I haven't gotten that far.........A cursory look however don't show those problems ......But that said the exhaust cowling will have to be rebuilt.........On a past build I've used either .05 thou. or .10 thou sheet brass.......1st make a paper or index card template......I usually glue templates on with simple stick glue.....then cut out.....I would sand the brass (kinda rough it up) to take primer /paint good..............HTH

Thanks for the tip. I knew I should have gotten the Combat kit. LOL  I'm correcting the problem in a similar way. Only I'm using sheet styrene. The construction seems OK and Its fairly easy to work with. Thanks for the heads up. And continue the geat build.

Been trying all day to get into this page..............................Remind me never to use Godaddy Hosting.......

Ordered some Apoxie Sculpt from Sprue Brothers..................Reasonably price........Shipping is dear however...........

Been trying all day to get into this page..............................Remind me never to use Godaddy Hosting.......

Ordered some Apoxie Sculpt from Sprue Brothers..................Reasonably price........Shipping is dear however...........

Next time, order directly from Aves, maybe they can save you a few bucks.

Lee..........Just checked Aves site  (Avesstudio.com) and it appears to be frozen..........can't access any anything............................??????????????????????

Edited by oldthudman5

Hi Claude, thanks for the heads up. I went and checked, the site is gone. I started to get panicky, as their stuff is THAT good! I found an archived page that showed that they are (were) getting a new page on July 23..... So, they seem to be in the midst of a move. The telephone number should be the same, and that is 1-800-261-2837. Happy hunting!