F-8E Crusader VMF(AW)-312: Done 2014.11.1 Summary Posted

Yea,   What Harold and Iain said!!!!

JEEEEZ! BRO!       Between this and some of the other builds,  I don't feel worthy of being in the same Gallery as you GUY's

INCEREDIBLE MODELER !

I LOVE IT! :frantic:  :frantic: :frantic:  

:piliot:  :piliot: :piliot:  :piliot:  

jack

Kai,

WOW!  Absolutely magnificent!  You've definitely moved the bar higher with your build.  

Mike

Thanks Mike!

A super, fantastic build.  As a detail freak I just love all the extra details you added.

Gary

Thanks for looking in Gary!  Normally I don't like to get too bogged down with over-detailing, but it's a slipper slope :)

Well Folks, Every once in a while a guy comes along out of the blue and makes me feel like I should just sell off the stash and take up  doing puzzles , or improving my cooking skills.

Kai has  done it.

What a Stunner.

Excellent work Kai! thanks for sharing your work and tips in this group build.

No where did I put that cook book? :rofl:

Pics are in the gallery.

Paul 

Thanks Paul for all your hard work on the group build and for being there with the help and support!  Your kind words mean alot- I'm a huge fan of your work and am constantly humbled and inspired by the builds on this site :)

Kai

Doesn't look anything like the pictures.

Stand up and take a BOW!  This is as spectacular a build and presentation as I have ever seen.  Bravo.  Kudos.

If I have one criticism, it would be that 'ML lens for landing light' should be 'MV Products lens for landing light'.  Just in case someone wants to track them down them for their own use.

Great stuff.  Many thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark- Thank you for looking in on my build!  And GOOD catch on the MV Lens.  I think the cat needed a hug about the time I was typing that... :)  I've edited it for future reference.

Kai

Kai,it was great journey to follow along and see your wonderful Crusader come alive. It's truly a beauty and that you for sharing it with us.

Thanks Mike- hopefully I'll have some time now to get caught up on all the great builds that have been going on lately.

Most beautifull and excelllent results !!

;)

Holy CRAP KAI...

Ya doing' great work!!

Stunning!

:wub:

Iain

Stunning, the real thing looks almost as good.

Thanks much guys!  I've followed along on many of your builds over the years, and I really appreciate your looking in and kind words

Kai

Yea,   What Harold and Iain said!!!!

JEEEEZ! BRO!       Between this and some of the other builds,  I don't feel worthy of being in the same Gallery as you GUY's

INCEREDIBLE MODELER !

I LOVE IT! :frantic:  :frantic: :frantic:  

:piliot:  :piliot: :piliot:  :piliot:  

jack

Jack- Thanks buddy!  I just wish we could see all the group builds together on a table- It's make for one helluva 32nd scale airshow  

Kai

What a fantastic build!! Crusader is one of my favorite jets, classic looks and that big fin reminds me of an old Cadillac or Chrysler. How do you get the paint so smooth?

Don

Don- I'm an old school enamel guy at heart, but since the Floquil military paints went away, I've been a little hard pressed to settle in on a good replacement.  In this case, I airbrushed a Gunze semi-gloss gull gray which went on REALLY nicely, and will probably start using more of that line.  The Tamiya flat white on the bottom was okay, but to be honest it was more my cranky airbrushing approach than the paint.

Bottom line, airbrush and generally with thinner paint rather than thicker  :)

Thanks for looking in!

Kai