HK Models future release dates

Kagemusha

Fly models are tooling up a couple of IP Ar234's in 1/32

Yes an  INJECTED 32nd AR234 is comming...this is all too much and too fast for my poor credit card to handle. Who would've thunk it 15 years ago?

And how many do I have the time left for?  One must prioritize mustn't one?.  

I agree with Mike that WNW are pretty flipping good, but they do have the advantage of there being very limited research material available against which to judge their models. WWII aviation onwards has reams and reams of stuff available in print & online, making it a whole lot easier to spot flaws.

....and WNW or their related organisations own most of the research material!! That makes things a whole lot easier.

Tim

I'm pretty sure an Ar234 is already being tooled up by somebody? And MDC do a cool version.

Not real sure about a new one, but the MDC kit is resin, and that puts off many modelers, (myself included). Besides which, I already have the 1:48 Promodeler kit of the Arado, and that's quite enough for me, though I suspect the LS community would go half crazy for a new IM kit of one.

Sign me up for one of each. I love the work that HK models is doing, and the opportunity to build any of their next releases. I know this is about the realities of what they plan to release rather than another wish list, but with that, I'll take any version b-24, b-26, g4m... None of them have ever been done before ('cept the mossie which desperately needs to be updated), and just seeing any of the above built would make my day.

Kai

I am with you, Tony about Canberra. Seems like we all talk WWII stuff when dreaming/talking about multi engine kits.

While I am A/A biased (menaing Anglo/American) I would love to see B-24 and I agree that the variety of the subversions would not prevent people buying (and some even building) it.

But imagine something like B-58 :whistle:

Jozef

Well, in fear of being labeled as one who is imbued in my own self-worth, I just hope that they get the lovely shapes correct, as I would be in for several Mosquitos.

Cheers

Brad

• 1 year later...

How much longer for the HK B-24 Liberator?  the world wants to know :hmmm:   I want to know

Me too bro! They should choose a fairly popular version that has a lot of marking options and just go for it rather than try to get every version out of it... which I think would be nearly impossible!

Cheers

Alan

I don't think it's going to happen.  The B-24 is such a minefield.  Which ever version you want isn't the one the other guy wants, and there are so many versions, sub versions, and sub-sub versions it's mind boggling.  And doing one version automatically limits (often severely limits) what you can do decal-wise and paint scheme wise.  

Hey, if the Allied troops had been afraid of minefields such that they never advanced through them, the war might have turned out different. Hopefully someone will show the courage to step into that minefield and deliver us something that is at least as good as other current efforts. I would buy whatever B-24 they deliver as long as it is at least 90% accurate.

That said, I'd prefer a "J", myself, having built the old Monogram kit.