New Resource for the ME-262

Bill Cross

Forgive me if this is old news here:

Messerschmitt Me 262 A Schwalbe (2nd edition)

Author(s): Robert Pęczkowski

Illustrator: Artur Juszczak

ISBN: 978-83-63678-17-3

Also they have an interactive instrument panel.

Hopefully no one will call me a troll for posting this. :whistle:

Like the Meteor, the Schwalbe is a must-have for jet enthusiasts. This book appeals. I particularly like the Soviet scheme @ 4:04 in the video.

It is one of Trumpeter's finer works and one of the kits I've really enjoyed making, even with the reworking of the ugly wheel well/cockpit tub location tabs and sockets, and one I might seriously consider supplementing with a twin-seat nacht jäger variant with its Jumos on display.

Just needs evergreen 2x2mm reinforcing strips within the wings and filler for the "rivets", but I love the rubber tyres (am in a minority there, I know)

What do people think of the Hasegawa offering?

Tony

What do people think of the Hasegawa offering?

It's a basic kit from the '70s, lacking in detail, but accurate enough as a starting point. I had a lot of fun turning mine into an Avia S-92 (link in sig). The main thing to watch is that the wings are invariably bent upwards, due to the way they're moulded and housed on the sprue. They're a real bugger to get straight again!

Kev

How much more can be written on subjects like this without repeating what is in other books people already have?

Well, books come and go in and out of print, and there is usually always something new that folks can dig up. But to your point, if you already have a great 262 reference, I don't know that I would go buy another. I have the Aero Detail book, for example, and have no plans to purchase this one, but it might be what some of y'all are looking for.

$%28KGrHqN,!n0FIrJ+i+ZTBSSI62ky2w~~60_57

And the little interactive instrument panel is kinda cool. :punk:

How much more can be written on subjects like this without repeating what is in other books people already have?

Interesting question, and one that I've asked myself numerous times. Bill makes a good point; if purchasing for details only, one or two references should be more than adequate. For others (myself included), more is always better, up to a point. Ask anyone here that's hardcore on a particular subject, how many books they have on that subject. 20-30 books on Fw 190, Bf 109, P-51, F-4, etc., is probably not uncommon.

Forgive me if this is old news here:

Messerschmitt Me 262 A Schwalbe (2nd edition)

Author(s): Robert Pęczkowski

Illustrator: Artur Juszczak

ISBN: 978-83-63678-17-3

Also they have an interactive instrument panel.

Hopefully no one will call me a troll for posting this. :whistle:

As this post was made in an informational, helpful manner, and not a troll-like manner, why would anyone call you a troll for posting it?

Doug