1/32 HP Halifax kit...

Kagemusha

I think upon delivery the box will contain a scale plan of a Halifax, some PVA glue & a very, very large box of matches.

lmao :) ... My first reaction to seeing ad's like this one is "SCAM!!!!" ... asking for cash for something that has no "official" release date? Vague information regarding the item?? ... exclusivity?? ...

It's almost as if a big neon sign was on the page "don't even think about it - if you have any degree of common sense" ...

Regardless of Kage's positive experience, you have to admit the ad looks dodgey as a $3 note.

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Guest Dekenba

What on earth are they playing at?!

Now a Wellington in 1/32 - a "Dambusters" Wellington, nonetheless.

http://www.boystownmilitaryminiatures.com/BMM_IND_SKY_LEGENDS_12f32_EXCLUSIVE_VICKERS_WELLINGTON_BOMBER_DAMBUSTER__2015/p1144420_12228482.aspx

The untold story of the Wellington dambusters raids. So secret only BMM knows anything about it.

I am getting the feeling that someone is being a little silly with marketing and clutching at straws. This a feeble attempt to scam money for projects that are either historically inaccurate or do not even exist. I think the term is vapourware! Then there is of course the fact that they have plainly stolen the artwork from established manufactures making resonable models of the subjects in smaller scales.

John

is it crowdsourcing?

ie if a few people actually do spend money speculatively then one of two things happen:

1. they invest your cash somewhere else until you cotton on and want a refund - could be gold, charity, bethlehem donkeys whatever

2. they build enough commitment (over time) to actually commission a kit / conversion

either way it's not IMHO what I would call a 'customer first' business model and for me has moved from curious to a bit distasteful

hope they surprise me...

Peter

Guest Dekenba

I think it is an idea from the back of an envelope that has not been subject to any sort of reality check whatsoever. Could well be alcohol involved, pubs and packets of salt & vinegar crisps during extended lunch hours. Would also explain why they rarely seem to answer emails, they are too bladdered.

I expect to see a 1/32 B36 before long.

What on earth are they playing at?!

Now a Wellington in 1/32 - a "Dambusters" Wellington, nonetheless.

http://www.boystownmilitaryminiatures.com/BMM_IND_SKY_LEGENDS_12f32_EXCLUSIVE_VICKERS_WELLINGTON_BOMBER_DAMBUSTER__2015/p1144420_12228482.aspx

The untold story of the Wellington dambusters raids. So secret only BMM knows anything about it.

Ahhh D ... to be fair ... most of the trial work with the Chastise device was done with Wellingtons on a scaled down version ... but the ad's are still dodgy ...

Rog :)

is it crowdsourcing?

ie if a few people actually do spend money speculatively then one of two things happen:

1. they invest your cash somewhere else until you cotton on and want a refund - could be gold, charity, bethlehem donkeys whatever

2. they build enough commitment (over time) to actually commission a kit / conversion

either way it's not IMHO what I would call a 'customer first' business model and for me has moved from curious to a bit distasteful

hope they surprise me...

Peter

Those were the thoughts racing through my mind, without beer or crisps involved. They may actually mean well and are just testing the ground -

i.e. if enough folk respond they'll commission a new kit of some sort, likely a vacform (out of scale once pulled) and I wish them well - as long as there's no remote possibility of them taking money off vulnerable old folk who'd like a model of a Wimpey etc that they flew way back when.

I believe BMM know their AFV market well enough, and may have exhausted that, thinking LSP aircraft modellers - in the broadest sense of 1/32+ aircraft model-builders - are a naive new market to tap into. LSP modellers are a technically-minded bunch who tend to employ higher brain algorithms. If so, they are skirting with danger.

If they're legit., they ought to divulge more details of what/whom/when is involved...

Tony