1/32 HP Halifax kit...

Kagemusha

That has to be the snobbiest most arrogant retail site I've ever seen. It bluntly says

If you've never done business with us before (and not still a valued customer) bugger off!, you can't have one!

If you have questions don't email me because I don't have answers!

It's exclusive to us and only our customers!

It will be limited to our customers only and you can only have one.

Arrogant is an understatement. I wouldn't accept a box of free dirt off these guys let alone give them a dime of my money.

I've bought from them without problem a few times, they use a courier service - whichever is cheapest so can take a while to deliver.

They have a few more exclusive products http://www.boystownmilitaryminiatures.com/BMM_INDUSTRIES/cat1144421_1604229.aspx which I think is more a marketing exercise than as show of arrogance, basically encouraging folk to buy something in order to buy say the Halifax or Ark Royal, like I said it's all very curious.

I've bought from them without problem a few times, they use a courier service - whichever is cheapest so can take a while to deliver.

They have a few more exclusive products http://www.boystownmilitaryminiatures.com/BMM_INDUSTRIES/cat1144421_1604229.aspx which I think is more a marketing exercise than as show of arrogance, basically encouraging folk to buy something in order to buy say the Halifax or Ark Royal, like I said it's all very curious.

I think they mean well but come across as very unprofessional.

Tony

Edited by Tony T

Oooh - intrigued I am...

<wanders off to look up Ark Royal - please say it's IV in 1:350 (or even 1:200!)?)>

EDIT - oh well - it isn't...

Iain

Guest Peterpools

I'm completely with Ron and wouldn't buy anything from them. Want new customers ... beat the competition with price and service.  An exclusive kit but no information at all to share with their customers.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

I suspect a repackaged Combat or Tigger vacform using Tom's work (without his knowledge, probably) to promote what you can make from their release.

I've stated to BMM that if my 1/32 Hobby Boss and Trumpeter stuff doesn't arrive very soon I will be pursuing the matter somewhat vigourously.

Has anyone else had problems with BMM?

If so, please post in Discussion or PM me.

Fuming slightly in Stoke Gifford

Tony

Yep. still waiting for stuff ordered in December.