A4 Skyhawk my first 1/32 adventure

thanks Paul, I really appreciate it, I haven't decided how heavy on the wash I'm going to, I'm also still deciding if I want to decal then dull coat, then do a wash. I'm thinking that's the way I will go, but I might do a wash, then decal, then dull coat. I really don't think there is a wrong order on how to do the process. 

so I started painting the grey tonight, and the kit calls for gloss gull gray FS 16440, I picked up some model master acrylic paint and got to spraying. Something about the color just doesn't look right, it's a little too dark, and it's not very grey. I have some Tamiya sky grey that I might mix up with some white, We will see how this looks tomorrow after drying

Build is looking great!! I seem to remember there being some question on the Model Master Acrylic Gull Grey. Can't remember what the problem was. I've done a few builds using it and it did look OK. The pics of yours the grey looks good as well.

Don

Personally I like the MM enamels! Been using them for 20 yrs or more, well Testors!! I have tried both but found color differences with the acrylics!

Paul

Agree with enamels being better color matches, but i can't use enamels where i paint. I do like how  fast acrylics dry, though. I did just buy some Vallejo acrylics in FS36440, will see how that goes.

Don

The key is to find what works for you and make a system that works and stay with it! A great auto painter told me that back before I started to paint motorcycles and there's a ton of truth to that! We all do stuff different in one way or another. We all get the same end result, or at least try! Makes it personal, great hobby!!!

Paul

I used to use nothing but model master enamels, but I just couldn't get them to really spray right, they would spatter and clog, no matter how much I thinned them down. I then tried the tamiya acrylics and I've had nothing but great results and easy spraying. So I have stuck with it, when I do shoot model master acrylics I get the same result as the tamiya colors. 

I'm going to be putting the decals down tonight, and or at least I plan too. 

If you finish with Future or Tamiya clear is it the same or will the acrylic get darker? Lacquer has that glass tint and not really clear clear! But it works better for wet sanding and don't roll like Future or Tam clr.

Paul

I used to use nothing but model master enamels, but I just couldn't get them to really spray right, they would spatter and clog, no matter how much I thinned them down. I then tried the tamiya acrylics and I've had nothing but great results and easy spraying. So I have stuck with it, when I do shoot model master acrylics I get the same result as the tamiya colors.

I'm going to be putting the decals down tonight, and or at least I plan too.

Welocome to the GB and your Scooter is looking really nice! Oh, and welcome to the dark side. Once you begin to build in man scale  (1/32) you'll never go back !

man scale, that's pretty damn funny! I'm enjoying the large build, I don't know if I will build anything else in 1/32, I've got all the room in the world for it, but I don't have the extra room in my wallet. 

well I burned the 2am oil last night and got all the decaling done. This morning I blasted a coat of dull coat over everything, and this is where I'm at as of now. I have to add a few more coats of dull. But in theory I should be able to get this thing done today. 

100_5494_zpsb2c26219.jpg

100_5495_zps29696182.jpg

100_5492_zps91280ae4.jpg

100_5494_zps810fa1f2.jpg

100_5493_zps44e5de38.jpg

100_5496_zpsd6354205.jpg

100_5495_zpsa59482de.jpg

Well I was able to get the canopy hung and installed the steel beach intake plugs and used the Eduard remove before flight hang tags. Thanks everyone for allowing me to be part of this group build. 

100_5497_zps3e1fbe6c.jpg

100_5498_zps70ee9b90.jpg

100_5499_zps56ec6932.jpg

100_5500_zps5a713138.jpg

100_5501_zps46c6ccc0.jpg

100_5502_zpseafb03b0.jpg

100_5503_zpsd948f947.jpg