T-45C Conversion from Revell Kit

Timmy!

Quick update on progress.  Got the Instructor pilot done.  Actually some time ago, but here finally is the photographic evidence.  Honestly he's not he best painted figure in the world but he cracks me up none the less.  The photos mostly tell the tale.  Cut, pose, fill with filling filler and painty paint.  More details here http://www.timmystech.com/t45c-project-ip.

On to the photos.

DSC_0064+copy.jpg?format=2500w

DSC_0068+copy.jpg?format=2500w

DSC_0077+copy.jpg?format=2500w

DSC_0082+copy.jpg?format=2500w

DSC_0094+copy.jpg?format=2500w

DSC_0095+copy.jpg?format=2500w

DSC_0159+copy.jpg?format=2500w

More someday....

Timmy!

Edited by Timmy!

cool

this is a conversion i wanted to do, i spent a lot of time with Gabe Pinccelli over the details, however at the time i didnt thnik my skills were up to it

so following with interest

Missed this thread when it started, but better late than never.  There's some excellent work there.  One thing puzzles me though: the instructor's pose.  Is he:

(a) making a not-quite-rude gesture to someone on the ground/in the tower as they do a low fly-by, or

(b ) throwing up his hands in despair at the ham-fisted antics of Bloggs in the front seat?

Look forward to seeing more. :)

Edited by MikeC

He's communicating, you know, keeping up foreign relations....

It'll make more sense when you see the model on it's stand.

Thanks for stopping by....more good stuff ahead. Next post will be about completing the conversion.

Timmy!

lol - Great work!  We really need a T-45 conversion on the market for the Revell Hawk. 

A new kit really.  There's too much to make a practical conversion.  There is not a surface that has not been changed in some way and this one won't even have landing gear or wheel wells....a major undertaking in and of itself.

You'll see what I mean as I post more....oh and you won't have to wait long refer to the next two posts.

Edited by Timmy!

This update get's the project back to the major construction of the model.  Relatively basic stuff here.  I created some templates to help guide the shape changes, add some bonds and sand sand sand.  Anything that required a cut into the fuselage was handled now before the fuse halves were glued together.  Full write up and details here.  Because we all like photos here they are and the do tell most of the story.

The shape templates…

IMG_1821+copy.png?format=2500w

FlyingSurfaceMod+copy.png?format=2500w

IMG_1037+copy.PNG?format=2500w

IMG_1036+copy.PNG?format=2500w

3D printed and CNC details

IMG_1052+copy.PNG?format=2500w

IMG_1054+copy.PNG?format=2500w

IMG_1053+copy.PNG?format=2500w

IMG_1046+copy.PNG?format=2500w

Edited by Timmy!