F-4E Phantom

Still waiting on some additional parts, but here's what I've got so far...just to prove it hasn't been started....  :fight:

20140502_122644_zps1d12c78d.jpg

Will probably start work on the seats and other stuff that doesn't involve the parts that are en route...

J

Looks like the GB Squadron of Phantoms is growing phast! - Nice choice Jeff.

Quick Q: Is anyone doing Col. Robin Olds aircraft? (to me, this is both an obvious choice and one that fits in well with the spirit of remembrance for this GB).

Derek

Quick Q: Is anyone doing Col. Robin Olds aircraft? (to me, this is both an obvious choice and one that fits in well with the spirit of remembrance for this GB).

Derek

It would be first choice but the level of detai I would have to include being a former member of the 8th TFW, Wolfpack and have twisted wrenches on the very aircraft; half a year is not enough time! Besides I have not perfected all the bits and pieces that are required to make an accurate Phantom yet.

Derek, the kit and book will be in the mail tomorrow, sorry for the delay....life just keeps me too busy lately. :(

Barry

That would be a great choice! Not a bad idea if there's time!! Op Bolo.

Paul

Derek

It would be first choice but the level of detai I would have to include being a former member of the 8th TFW, Wolfpack and have twisted wrenches on the very aircraft; half a year is not enough time! Besides I have not perfected all the bits and pieces that are required to make an accurate Phantom yet.

Derek, the kit and book will be in the mail tomorrow, sorry for the delay....life just keeps me too busy lately. :(

Barry

Thank you Barry - I am busy collecting what data I can off the net for now.

Derek

Jeff,

Though I Phancy all Phantoms the E will always be my first. I cut my aviation teeth on the Es while stationed with the 1st TFW at MacDill AFB.

I can quite literally still feel the apprehension and actual fear while for the first time checking for all 7 Ejection Seat Safety Pins and 1 Safety Device before gingerly placing my foot onto the seat and climbing in. After a while though it became second nature and jumbing in became the norm.

My first tour to S.E.A was in support of a squadron of Seymour Johnson F-4Es deployed to Ubon RTAFB. The F-4E was the one and only true Phantom Gunfighter!

I look forward to following you build! :thumbsup:

Barry

Guest Peterpools

Jeff

Looking forward to following your build all the way.

There never can be enough Phantoms or Mustangs in anyone's collection.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Yipee!!

My parts arrived this morning, so adding to this mix will be seamless intakes and exhaust cans (thanks Ray!) and Eduard interior set for the E model, stencils, and Brassin wheels with wheels chocks (thanks wallet!).

Now the quandry...do I continue on with the Tiffie or set her aside and jump into the Phantom? 

Decisions decisions!

J