Navy F4J - 4/24/16 Finished!

Bill_S

Duly noted, Barry. Those changes have already been made. Thanks!

Barry, I never really thought of the distraction factor, but it makes perfect sense. My experience is in the automotive industry, where the wires are every color you imagine; it makes them much easier to trace, and they're all hidden during normal operation.

DSCN01831_zpsc4ba5860.jpg

IP Attempt #4. A couple of very light coats of Tamiya gloss black acrylic.

DSCN01791_zpsabd52576.jpg

Once dry, thin coats of cockpit gray.

DSCN01801_zpsa1f11dee.jpg

An hour or so to set up, then a light application of thinner and a cotton swab...

DSCN01881_zps45c8c284.jpg

Some cleanup of the instrument opening and a  little polishing of the black once the gray has fully cured, and I think I finally have what I'm after. It looks like I won't have to go with option 5, even though those Eduard parts will be in today's mail. I suppose I'll just have to use them on another Phantom some day...

Edited by Bill_S

Excellent job on the pit so far Bill!  Soon you ll be off to the fun parts! EXTERIOR PAINT!  :)  Oh wait that's after many hours of sand, fill, re scribe etc ..But, that's what we do when we love our hobby!  Keep up the excellent work my friend!

Paul 

Came out top shelf Bill !!.........Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv!

Excellent job on the pit so far Bill!  Soon you ll be off to the fun parts! EXTERIOR PAINT!  :)  Oh wait that's after many hours of sand, fill, re scribe etc ..But, that's what we do when we love our hobby!  Keep up the excellent work my friend!

Paul 

Thanks Paul. For reminding me. Exterior paint... my Achilles heel!

P.S. Years ago, I flew into Eugene for a hiking trip through the Three Sisters. Some BEAUTIFUL country you have out there!

panel looks great - nice solution to a difficult painting challenge!

Thanks Petrov. It was like pulling teeth for a while. In the end, I fashioned a sort of burnishing tool from a paper stick cotton swab, with just a whisper of thinner on it. Very good control under a magnifying lens...

Bingo!!! Looks sweet Bill. Gona look even better installed!

Go Phantoms!!

Paul

Thanks, Paul. It's still going to be a while before I can button this thing up. I have some fuselage fit issues to address, and there are those Eduard placards to deal with, too. No aircrew for me; I want to be able to look into that cockpit!

Edited by Bill_S