1/32 Triebflügel? It Does Exist! Rivet counters don't read

seiran01

My biggest surprise at Model Classic was stumbling across a vendor selling a resin 1/32 Triebflügel produced by Antares down in Argentina. Now, I've built a number of Antares kits in 1/48 in the past, they're often the only game in town for luftwaffe '46 subjects. Antares resin quality is not as good as planet models, let alone the Fisher / HPH / Silver Wings superiority, but the quality is also far from the worst.

I'll try to write up a review before going out of town for a few weeks, this is just too awesome a subject to pass up on!

Antares has some interesting Luftwaffe '46 kits. Their website lists only 1/48 and 1/72 kits, and looks like it was last updated about a year ago on the home page "blog":

http://www.antaresmodels.com/

The kits that I have seen from them are typically smooth surfaces with little or no surface detail, sort of a basic shape and a step up from a vac form in some ways, but heavy due to resin. They make a lot of modifications to jets to do prototypes from "what if, 1946" sort of genre.

The Triebflugel would be a fun kit to have, since it is just so strange. Strange in the way of that Austro-Hungarian counter rotating prop helicopter, powered by three radial engines, and the pilot stood in a can on TOP of the propellers. What were they thinking?

Antares has some interesting kits in the smaller scales, but the '46 kit I want would be the Sanger space plane. (OK it is BIG in 1/32). Check out the new science fiction/alternate history novel "V-S Day" by Allen Steele, where von Braun and Sanger are tasked with building Sanger's plane and a group in the US under Robert Goddard are trying to defend US/New York from that attack. Not real history, but interesting anyway.

Tnarg

Man, i will have to buy that one.  I have some of Antares 1/72 stuff (and am eagerly awaiting their 1/48 Su-9 and Ki-201) and while they are a little rough they are symetrical and the shapes are quite good.  For a small resin shop those are my priorities, I can sand and fill some pinholes.

Yep, it sure was................................AND as a matter of fact, the kit comes WITH the Red Skull decals as well (also comes with two vac canopies and the normal Luftwaffe decals as well):

the_red_skull_focke_wulf_triebflugel_hyd

I have just been in contact with the owner/producer of the 32nd Triebflugel. I also learned that (if your brave enough) Antares also has also designed the kit so the rotor will spin.   ;)

Edited by Out2gtcha

Any info on where to find this guy? Way too cool.

Tnarg

Hey Tnarg,

Try HERE. His name is Rick, and he runs Models & More. From what he has said, he had Antares produce these special for him...............VERY limited run of below 50 from what I can gather.

I agree................WAY too cool!

Even being an imperfect resin kit, if its at all accurate, $80 USD isn't bad at all IMHO.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Ok guys, here's the review! Kev may want to polish the wording before officially linking it in an upcoming website update but it'll give you a good idea of what you get.

The kit had a price tag of $90 on it,I bought it for $72 from Rick - unsure if he was discounting them to clear them out or if that was his price for paying cash.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1304