Mal Way FW190A8R2, Part: II, going for a Diorama.

Mal_Belford

EVERYONE--

A while back in this thread I suggested to Mal that many modelers would find a book (or a blog) on his "way" engaging and informative...now that I see his first effort at figure painting I'm even more convinced. Why have some arbitrary need for a large portfolio of work before putting out something for modelers to learn from?

Mal...as I've said many times, your work is artistry...and the "ease" (although I doubt it's easy) with which you maintain control in every facet of your builds is something we could all learn from!

Keep going on your "alarm" vignette--it's spectacular!

Greg

EVERYONE--

A while back in this thread I suggested to Mal that many modelers would find a book (or a blog) on his "way" engaging and informative...now that I see his first effort at figure painting I'm even more convinced. Why have some arbitrary need for a large portfolio of work before putting out something for modelers to learn from?

Mal...as I've said many times, your work is artistry...and the "ease" (although I doubt it's easy) with which you maintain control in every facet of your builds is something we could all learn from!

Keep going on your "alarm" vignette--it's spectacular!

Greg

Greg wow thanks.

Just having fun, of corse ive looked at many figure builder and vids on the tube,

one thing is shure, the theory basics are the same, example skintones, shadows, eyes, and so on.

explore new areas in building is fun, and for me i think its the key, have fun, of course i do fail many times on the road to, in order for sucess failure must be there to, or else i havent learned anything, this incude hard work and prepping in mind.

In a way i got i picture in my head what i want to acheive,

if things go wrong on a model, why accept that, since hard work and time is there,i strip the paint and do it all over but second time ill try a slifghtly different way, since previous didnt work,

Since im the one that have this in the glasscabinett seeing it every day, and showing it to friends over a cold glass of beer.

I think many really great builders gone thru that process, with fun and hard work and tons of fails.

/Mal

Say Hello to Oscar Bosch maintance personel....My second finnished figure......Note the hat, i went on purpose more grey blueish on that one, makes it more interesting, also googled them up....

Head is only bluetacked....

This might work after all.....

IMG_6276_zps7a7face5.jpg

IMG_6274_zpsba1e2b4e.jpg

IMG_6275_zps81bd9131.jpg

Next stop that anvil that will be on the table, and barrels, buckets and so on, scratch some fun items to, need to purchase red wine hehe, since need that wontebottle foil for a piece of cloth, dont worry, i wont waste the content either lol.....

Also this saga is coming closer to an end...every day..geez allready start to get happy and sad..allready.....long journey...adventure.....

Oh well...why not start another saga after this and new adventures with Mal.....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Martin.

That would be fun.

but im first in to finnish my second Fw190A8r2 (on hold cause this project) since ive allready started it and my P51 not much left to do.

gwf7.jpg

Also noticed that my projects seems to take much longer time, well i think it is build/painting evolution in my case yhat makes it taking longer time to finnish.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Can't wait to see the finished result Mal ... but the journey has been wonderful so far - I'm reluctant to see it end! ... I hope you'll do a few more of these!!

Rog :)

Im glad to hear and you been having fun with me and others on this one...

i can give you comfort by saying as ive mentioned im allready started another a while ago, Hasegawas FW190A7, bit no need to modify it since it self in fact is the same as the Hasegawa A8, yes it will be converted in to a R2....

It will be a log on it to i proper time when i continue that one to....it may be a Diorama on that to hehe, but different situation...ill figure something out...

qrcaw4.jpg

/Mal

Yaikes....

I realized one thing now, when the figures are in place......

So much a want to add.....but stop a minute.....not to much...it is scramble situation...i cant add theese casue it will be to messy in a way....maintance situation it works...but now...no..

Theese items will be saved to another project, yes ill do antother diorama on that to....since if i place them it will to much things to move cause the scramble situation, wind from the prop and so on....

IMG_6288_zpsb8d65fdb.jpg

So last thing is in fact the sign to place....Mals 12 .......maybe couple oildrums....

Alarm situation...That maintance crew is about to pack down the tools on the sidebox and move it away, pilot is running....door is left open for another one to move away....big hurry...

IMG_6290_zps4af3a2b9.jpg

Ill take proper pictures later this weekend with my Canon Eos 60D..hopefully i can set the whiteballance properly....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Also.

Those who followed my builds know that i number them in chronologicsl order i finnish my models since my restart little more than 2 yrs ago.

many things is first timer on this project for me as manybknow and i shared it wit you all and i really enjoyed this very much and im glad many have been having fun with me on this trip.

This one got No:12.1

1;stands for my first diorama with all, since in fact is my first with figures and vehicles.

Oh well... going for final touches on this oneband publish it in Ready for inspection section (if it is ok Kev).

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford