Mal Way FW190A8R2, Part: II, going for a Diorama.

Mal_Belford

Allright lessons learned, and fast, to succeed you have to fail too now and then and learn from it.

I realized the technics iv used on them faces is wrong, namelely drybrush, it wont work on theese kind of objects....other things yes, but this no (for me)

The fleshtones ive used i feel do work.

Round two:

as Peter mentioned thin diluted layers. only and work it from there.

/Mal

Allright..

Face MK2...second try....Geeez it is difficult....Going for MK3....Ye, close pics, but this is rally small 1:32...more practice...

IMG_61851_zpsc5ecb49b.jpg

IMG_61841_zps18500046.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Looking so much better. Just keep the layers very light and wet and the blending will slowly come trough.

Keep 'em ccoming

Peter

Mal...

I'm starting to think you've got the modeler's equivalent of the Midas Touch. MK2's head, cap and face look excellent...Getting more and more excited for this vignette to come together...

Greg

Thanks all for the kind words.

Painting figures and them technics wich is involved doing faces is totaly different than im use to,

but i do believe hard work is the key to, practice, practice, redo, redo again....

Stripping paint from resin. from the first try MK1, Applies to Verlinden en in this case, since i sont got any other experiance of other brands yet.

I know that resin will get damaged if it lying in a isoprop bath during many hours, it get that sponge look.

Ive stripped that face with iso but right away with a toothpich and a toothbrush, and it went clean like nothing happened. no soaking for hours...(havent stripped that last face so dont worry)

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Not much build today........

In to fixin them liferaft cushions custom made by Mals Way to Ernst current build of a P51D Tamiya 1:32, well he got to publish a build log after this one....he is in a shadow builder in a way....but im on him to show the progress and it looks real great.

Other things....

Theese are the oilcolors right now i got.....

a2yhp5.jpg

But i got reinforcements with theese ......So Mals adventures will continue.....

2jdkp51.jpg

More fun ahead.

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Allright.....

As ive said, about Verlinden earlier, still struggeling, the casting isnt that great at all, sicne two of them heads had bubble holes, yep just at the nose the tearchannel supposed to be, BIG DAMN hole, that is impossible to use butty, since the had is so small...that makes it even harder to paint...as seen on the lower lip, looks like a scar, oh well it ads to the face lol....

Next figures wont be verlinden for shure.

But this is MK3 of my painting skills ive got received right now, using oils, it shure is difficult.....ill sleep on this or redo....

IMG_6207_zps3088df7b.jpg

Need to practice more.....

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

MKIII is looking so much better with some very natural skin tones and the expression of his eyes is dead on.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter and Maru....

ueah, them eyes were difficult, worked with shadows more and highlights, ave tried more to get that biting stress look and dead/tired look in them, littlw shading below the eyes to get that tired look and no happines.

The pilot havent sleept much at all, continues never ending missions and all that stress, no hope at all situation.....

image_zps4f358b68.jpg

but ill sleep on this one if a redo or not on this pilot....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford