Mal Way FW190A8R2, Part: II, going for a Diorama.

Mal_Belford

Thanks Kev...

More to come......

I open the maintance crew bag to....

lol everything tossed in a bag there to just like that service cart, oh dear even the oildrums got nibbled edges....ill post a photo on that to later....Verlinden...first time experiance with them....but i can fix them easy peasy to....ill show when we come to that point how i fix them.

/Mal

Mal--

I believe, especially near the war's end, horses were often used to pull sleds, carts...whatever...this could be suggested/hinted at somewhere in your scene (hoof marks?)...

I agree with Sparzanza...with the right backdrop, it would be pretty damn convincing...

Greg

Ill look in to it, yep natural daylight is the key with nice forest background.

Greg, yeah you are right, ill look in to it on that detail with hof marks, subtle details that ad to the scenery.

/Mal

Allright.

More resin experiance..

Those axis for them wheels, yaikes bad casting...wel made new ones and spacings....

IMG_60101_zps3cb66b68.jpg

Also finnnished remove that residue....lots of flakes, yea that dust is really bad and it do smell when grinding, smells like gasoline fuel......that cant be good at all....

Her is all the parts cleand upp, few repaired to, used ca glue and baking powder....

Soon priming.....

IMG_60111_zps2137325b.jpg

/Mal

Allright....

After the Wash wind handwarm water and diishung liquid, to remove rsidue from the resin, the forks are in place and them taps to, as much as possible, as some notice, no preshade, yep ill skip it cause that redbrown is dark indeed, i will take of it with flory washes thru airbrush in later stache, it will bee rust, yep rust and worn this one....

Also, what the heck should o go for that color, yellow or grey.....as ive seen them in gray to.

IMG_60121_zps4aa03a90.jpg

/Mal

Thanks Peter, appriciate it.

But now in scratching my head a bit.......

What color.

That dark yellow xf60 or more yellow or classic grey......

oh well.... ill come up with something.....

/Mal

Allright....

That color...i went for yelowish....

Didnt like XF60 it to dark, and not rifgt tone for my taste....since thar priper is dark to, so it gets darker...so...start mixing coctails instead, and this is what i came up with....i took the photo in natural light...

Namnloumls_zpscfbdbc3c.jpg

And this is how it looks in natural light, it is the white ballance...using a iphone fork working pictures, but it give a hint where im going.

IMG_6027_zps11776fb6.jpg

Yea it would been darker if i havent made this mix....yep like that tone...soon chipping, but now let it dry

yea under a lamp, totally different tone yeah..

IMG_6026_zpsd74e6325.jpg

And her it is that other box from verlinden, all that were squeezed inside that little box...

IMG_6028_zpse001c8d9.jpg

yea dammages that could been avoided by proper packaging routines and if it cost to much ad a few buck instead and deliver nice quality items for us moddelers instead....look at that oilddrum sombody been niblbing on that.....

IMG_6029_zpsed3e68ef.jpg

Yep, that table i wont use, ill scratch my own, it looks more something from MC Donalds happymealbox...

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Sparz, appriciate it, will patch em barrles, easy peasy...

But now...

Main chipping is done, yep, very rusty....since it is late war, it stood under open sky. rain, weather and so on....and no maintance in the end, just the necceray ones, yep got an idea for that chain i bought....

IMG_6034_zpsc13cdb1a.jpg

/Mal

Allright.

Remember that Silver chain that i bought for less than a dollar....Dryffiting it, itwill be weathered, and cut to proper length...

Yep, it ads to the whole....

/Mal

Cool ... now all it needs is a brass 'D'-shackle or two (or a plastic one from the spares box!) and you're good to go!

Rog :)