Mal Way FW190A8R2, Part: II, going for a Diorama.

Mal_Belford

Allright...

Little more done this evening....

Painted and weathered (florys), glosscoat just added once more very very thin, im not finnished weathering, tomorrow ocolors subtile, and the that nice TS80 flat clear decanned and on top of it all, after that back mirrors and details....

image_zpsd4f97148.jpg

image_zpsfe1a90cf.jpg

Ps, oh yes that annoying cotton fibre from the cotton stick will be removed in time, hey they are annoying arent they... after scrubing away the wash... lol

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Maru and Kev.

im very glad you like it and also flattered, i still see myself as a beginner all the time cause all the new things to try in moddelling,

so much to learn in scratching and all that, seing all the great builds on this forum and others too.

i think thats whats drives me much it is to have fun and also the challenge to work with the mind to solve things and se solutions (instead of problems), there are tons of things and techniques to try and see what fits it own needs an purposes...

two yrs ago i did not know how to fix a panel line between fuselag halfs, and back then tought the model were ruined, but i made shure it were finnished, and now it is easy, but first time it seems impossible to fix, i think all been there before in early careers in moddeling.

i hope all that follow this thread having much fun as i do, i think posting on forum is a way of improving, since as i se myself look at my thread objective in a way, and se right away, can i do that better, and many times i try one, two three even much as 10 times on one thing lol....like them frames on the armoured wondows on my FW190A8R2.

Also im very self critic on my own builds all the time, i think many share that too, but sometimes it happens that i got eye for one thing detail but i miss the whole point until one says, hey wake up, stop it is perfect, and i say what lol...

i take a step back and see , yep miss the whole cause one detail...well still workin on that, making it up to a whole is important as well i think....

own thoughts around moddeling. :)

/Mal

Mal...

I'm looking at that empty compartment behind the rear seat. I wonder what random items might find their way there--muddy boots, a worn top coat, an old newspaper, a few empty bottles of schnapps perhaps...

As for the build itself, I think I've (finally) run out of adjectives to describe it...

Greg

Allright..

Im finnished with that canvas, subtle oilcolors

Black, raw umbra (the tinted greenish one), burnt sienna, subtle lines dirt...and flat coat....

mounted...

image_zps1424bba5.jpg

Yeah... you saw it to....that handlebar needs to be fixed, i accidently snapped it when adding mud to the flor, easy peasy to redo, ill do a new handlebar.

just dryfitting it on the dio just to se the colortones fits my eye....

yep its a go, just spotlights and backmirrors and front glass left, after that splatter and dust and at the same time adjust it on thr road..

the road will be fixed, so the car look weight to the road, bought extra fine sand from a pet store for that purpose, i know what i want...and that road will fun to do...

image_zps96b566b9.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mal...

I'm looking at that empty compartment behind the rear seat. I wonder what random items might find their way there--muddy boots, a worn top coat, an old newspaper, a few empty bottles of schnapps perhaps...

As for the build itself, I think I've (finally) run out of adjectives to describe it...

Greg

thanks Greg for the kind words.

Got ideas for that space behind the back seat, yep in similar way yore thinking...

tools, whipecloth, sparepart, that shovel that is om the left wheel cover maybe, since i wont mountbthat shovel on the wheel.

also got that chain to use id neccecary, spare fuel....

yep we will for shure see what comes ....

/Mal

Allright....

This one arrived couple of days ago....

Fw190 Vol 1.....got Vol 3...only Vol 2 left....geeez theese books are great....love em, lots of photos...

Also im going in for them FW190s it seems haha...

Still on paralell build that another A8R2......yess it will be done as soon as this dio is done...

image_zps33930ba4.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mal...

A couple of things--

First of all, I'd love to hear what you (and others on this forum) think about (someday) putting together either a blog or a book on modeling...of course it could be called "Mal's Way" as you have a very distinct style and very straightforward, effective techniques to achieve that style...I'm not just trying to flatter--I'm actually trying to allow myself (and others) to have more access to the process you go through. When I first started modeling I was absolutely drawn to Shep Paine's work...and read about and poured over all the work he did. It was the most realistic modeling I'd ever seen. In many ways, your work reminds me of his work.

Second...as I mentioned during your first A8/R2 build, I have several Hasegawa FW 190 kits in my stash. While I bet you'd be reticent to accept such an offer, I'd still like to offer one up for sacrifice on your workbench. I am not an altruist--making this offer provides me with two things: 1) a chance to "pay" you back for the enjoyment I've received from not only following your recent builds on this forum, but also for the enjoyment I've had examining your other builds; and, 2) to have the opportunity to watch you perform your magic on yet ANOTHER FW 190 build...Mull it over...

Regards,

Greg

... a blog or a book on modeling...of course it could be called "Mal's Way" as you have a very distinct style and very straightforward, effective techniques to achieve that style ...

That sounds good ... "A Creative Guide to Modelling - Mal's Way" ... kind of catchy!!

Rog :)

P.S. - Nice work Mal ... love the effort - I have been following this!

Mal...

A couple of things--

First of all, I'd love to hear what you (and others on this forum) think about (someday) putting together either a blog or a book on modeling...of course it could be called "Mal's Way" as you have a very distinct style and very straightforward, effective techniques to achieve that style...I'm not just trying to flatter--I'm actually trying to allow myself (and others) to have more access to the process you go through. When I first started modeling I was absolutely drawn to Shep Paine's work...and read about and poured over all the work he did. It was the most realistic modeling I'd ever seen. In many ways, your work reminds me of his work.

Second...as I mentioned during your first A8/R2 build, I have several Hasegawa FW 190 kits in my stash. While I bet you'd be reticent to accept such an offer, I'd still like to offer one up for sacrifice on your workbench. I am not an altruist--making this offer provides me with two things: 1) a chance to "pay" you back for the enjoyment I've received from not only following your recent builds on this forum, but also for the enjoyment I've had examining your other builds; and, 2) to have the opportunity to watch you perform your magic on yet ANOTHER FW 190 build...Mull it over...

Regards,

Greg

Wow.

Greg..Im very honored, yes i do accept your offer happily, and build another FW190, also do a thread on that one, also im very glad tihat you enjoy this and my previous work, and having fun as i do, and thats what is important i think, havin hell of a good time, as others that follow my work.

/Mal

Allright..

My First Car ive finnished lol....

Doors, and mirror will be attached when it lands on the road, since the parts are wery fracile, after that no touching lol....specially the mirrors...

im Finnished with the car....or lets say, the last weathering will be done when it is going on tho the road, will scoop up that muddy slush from an old Florys dark dirt, it is goin around the wheels inside, and that dust, also will try them tamiya weathering makeup set.

IMG_5964_zps92855b0a.jpg

Those tiny particles will be removed....i were thinkin also to ad one fun thing, but not shure, birdcrap on the car lol, but ill se how ill do with that, also some details in the car will be added, as schnaps bottle, maybe a american adult magazine dropped from american pilot that crossed the airfield or something...

Theese were very hard to do, extremely fragile, scrached them nuthandles,

IMG_5956_zpsbc223dd7.jpg

IMG_5961_zps57296f7d.jpg

IMG_5963_zpsc4396948.jpg

IMG_5965_zps045b788b.jpg

Note those small particles will be removed in time....

Next thing, that service cart....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mal...

Great!

Email your shipping address to me and I will post it to you...

ultmo@yahoo.com.

I'm excited...

Greg

ive sent you mail.

Thanks wow, this will be fun to do...im exaited wich version....

/Mal