Revell Germany vs Promodeler Bombers

Justin

I was doing looking into the Revell Ju 88 and He 111 specifically when I came across the Promodeler release of each for an insanely discounted price (compared to elswhere). The Ju 88 was marked at $27 and the HE 111 at $38. I couldn't resist grabbing them, but then found myself wondering what exactly the differences in the boxings are. I'm having a heck of a time finding any details (build threads/reviews) of them via google.

Any thoughts on the specific differences?

• 1 year later...

I know this is old but , i thought the same BUT....i just bought the promodeler 1/32 HE-111P. It seems better than the Revell ones. The plastic is much nicer and te detail is just a bit sharper. Those irritating Revell instructions are gone and new better booklet type instructions. Is the plastic molded in the US instead or Germany?

Edited by gunpowder

Revell Germany stuff is molded in Poland.  It should say on the box (or possibly on the inner bags) where it's made, but I'm 99.9% sure that Revell in the US doesn't mold plastic in North America.  Odds are China.

The ProModeller 111P box states Poland, which is the only sensible option anyways (you really think they shipped the molds to China just for the US boxings?)

I was doing looking into the Revell Ju 88 and He 111 specifically when I came across the Promodeler release of each for an insanely discounted price (compared to elswhere). The Ju 88 was marked at $27 and the HE 111 at $38. I couldn't resist grabbing them, but then found myself wondering what exactly the differences in the boxings are. I'm having a heck of a time finding any details (build threads/reviews) of them via google.

Any thoughts on the specific differences?

... Perhaps it is worth a mention at this point, that the box itself is different ...

Gone is the traditional Revell flimsy end-opening affair - My Promodeler Ju.88A-1 comes in a much more sturdy box with a solid base and lid.

Your kit is, at least, more likely to arrive in an undamaged state!

Rog :)

While smaller airframes like the '109 come indeed in those pesky side opening boxes, Revell's big scale bombers and the larger jets come in a box with a lid. Not as sturdy as Trumpy's boxes, though. :)

Except for the Hakenkreuz.  Those are definitely sharper in detail in the PM kits (lol) 

Which is not all that surprising since the decals sheets are completely different. 

This being the definitive answer to the OP's question:

Plastic is the same.  Differences are in boxing and decals.

D

Maybe not in this particular instance, but it's been done numerous times before...

​name one.

​Seriously. I've yet to see RoG molds in Revell boxes with non-European plastic. And every time I find Revell US plastic in the RoG boxes it's non-European plastic.

​Frankly, it's rare enough these days to see RoG molds in Revell boxes. And it was never terribly common. The opposite is not true (plenty of Blue Boxes out there with Revell US plastic).

Edited by Adam Maas