paul fisher

Meteor F8 progress

G-Factor have released a brass u/c set http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/gfm32028.htm

Whatever happened to the finer finish bronze stuff they used to do. I have some of the new Ju 88 G-Factor brass legs, and they just look like brass versions of SAC stuff, with soft detail and pitted surface.

I have both sets in hand at the moment.....................Andy (Kagemusha) ordered by the Ju-88 gear for me, and although its not as nice surface condition as some I have seen, my copy passes muster as far as Im concerned.

Andy ordered the G-Factor Meteor gear for himself, and had they delivered to me for shipping...................his copy is very nice looking, and I cant see any major pitting or abnormalities.

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Looking just tremendous

Peter

The markings for the RAAF F8 nice to see A77-207 - however the colours for the "Bowl em Over" are - Black lettering and red for the devil from an IPMS N.S.W Australia article I have, the decal sheet shows you have them in blue

Greg

It just gets better every time there's an update!

A lot of love poured into these parts, you can tell.

I'm definitely in for one. Ditto with a two-seater later.

Tony

I have worked on the U16 Meteors (converted Mk 8's) and I remember a spray bar at the base of the windscreen that was used to spray de-icer fluid on the windscreen. There were no wipers for the screen but we used to apply Rainex to one half of the windscreen (right hand side) once a week as a rain repellent.

We used both types of intakes on our aircraft due to dwindling spares availability. Our last set of wide intakes came from a T7 (a former Llanbedr conversion trainer now residing at Doncaster Aeroventure museum.

I look forward to buying your F8 conversion set and may see if I can graft on my scratch built U16 nose and wing tip camera pods that I used on an ID 1/32 F8 vac form kit.

Bob

I have worked on the U16 Meteors (converted Mk 8's) and I remember a spray bar at the base of the windscreen that was used to spray de-icer fluid on the windscreen. There were no wipers for the screen but we used to apply Rainex to one half of the windscreen (right hand side) once a week as a rain repellent.

We used both types of intakes on our aircraft due to dwindling spares availability. Our last set of wide intakes came from a T7 (a former Llanbedr conversion trainer now residing at Doncaster Aeroventure museum.

I look forward to buying your F8 conversion set and may see if I can graft on my scratch built U16 nose and wing tip camera pods that I used on an ID 1/32 F8 vac form kit.

Bob

Why only the right side of the screen Bob?

All of the above.

I think it had something to do with the reaction to the de icer fluids efficiency. The fluid was dispensed using a hand pump located on the right side of the cockpit. It worked using a bike pump type action.

Bob

Would you believe we had a German pilot fly our 2 U16.s.  Sepp Pauli, who we used to joke with him that (at that time) there were no 262's left flying. He was/is a bloody good pilot and flew all of our aircraft with panache, good job he was on our side.

I enjoyed working on the Meteor, it was a solid Aircraft and a pleasure to work on. The HK kit looks like a Meteor and Paul's efforts look very promising indeed. I look forward to the conversions release and will order at least 2 more HK kits to help "fill my boots" of the Meatbox.

Bob

Fascinating!

I promise this is the last "teaser" for the F8...I am nearly done, but for the 2  hoods and finishing up the wide-breather intakes and a few small bits, fuel levers and such. I have done a set of four cannon barrel "plugs" that will be included, can't have those open ports staring out at you...

Added some round bosses to the cockpit sidewall to make it index into the fuselage much more firmly.It snaps into place and hangs there now.I am adjusting fit before going to production tooling now, and finishing off the hood.

I made the ammunition bay half-depth as you can't see down there anyway and it makes a good place for a wee bit more ballast weight.

I will have this up for ordering on the website soon, decals are in print but I don't have a delivery date yet.Imagine it will be mid June.

Best to all, 

Paul

F8pitA_zps97c97249.jpg

F8pitB_zps0c1cb045.jpg

F8pitC_zpse9ad3a7d.jpg

F8fullset_zps00b63ade.jpg

F8canopies_zps159378fc.jpg

F8pitinplaceA_zpsb1b0b52a.jpg