paul fisher

Meteor F8 progress

Good afternoon!

Got primer on the cockpit bits today, making uo the ammo cans and bits that locate behind the cockpit tub now.Also making up  a  new windscreen as the kit part is oddly curved where all the panes should be flat, another gremlin .

There will be two conversion sets, as you mentioned above, the original Halestorm flew with the wide breather intakes and also the early hood with the metal back so I am making up a simple enlarged intake lip and throat for it. I also will make up a set with the full clear hood so you'll be able to model just about any F8 you want.

In another stroke of luck, John Adams of Aeroclub has graciously given me permission to include his spectacular Martin-Baker 2H ejector seat in this set, it is a little gem of a seat and really will make the office look just that much better.With a bit of luck I will have this wrapped up next week and be able to start putting one together for show and tell!

Stay tuned for more...soon !

B_zps663ef47c.jpg

D_zps69927d0c.jpg

Love it........ Just Love It !!!   :wub:  

Have to buy the HK kit now...  to accept these parts!  :yahoo:

F-8 ... Oh Boy - Oh Boy - Oh Boy!  :P

Phil

Edited by Piprm

Guest Peterpools

Paul

WOW.....

Sure looks like another Fisher order list is soon under way

Peter

This is the only reason I will buy the HK meteor!  Beautiful work Mr. Fisher as is everything you master! I will be buying this as soon as you finish with it!

Hey Paul!

Did you notice on the RAAF F8's, there is a clear 'tear-drop' shaped device located in the middle of the top of fuselage?

I assume it is some sort of radio/radar beakon unit.

Phil

Edited by Piprm

G-Factor have released a brass u/c set http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/gfm32028.htm

Whatever happened to the finer finish bronze stuff they used to do. I have some of the new Ju 88 G-Factor brass legs, and they just look like brass versions of SAC stuff, with soft detail and pitted surface.

Whatever happened to the finer finish bronze stuff they used to do. I have some of the new Ju 88 G-Factor brass legs, and they just look like brass versions of SAC stuff, with soft detail and pitted surface.

That is bad news, hope you told him of your disappointment.

Hey Paul!

Did you notice on the RAAF F8's, there is a clear 'tear-drop' shaped device located in the middle of the top of fuselage?

I assume it is some sort of radio/radar beakon unit.

Phil

ADF Fairing

Decals are in print, more to follow.Should be able to ship completed set soon as all arrives and I get it sorted.Next decal set will have Halestorm, the MiG killer, a 74 Sqdn RAF ship and an Israeli ship.

I'm finishing up a little correction to allow the somewhat shorter, "wide-breather" intake lips and throats to be made up from the kit, this will come with the F8 set, and be available separately, as will underwing tanks and a corrected belly tank.

Decal set A:

Fisher-Meteor-32-web_zps9bbe752b.jpg

20mm Ammunition canisters that go behind the cockpit:

Ammocan_zps50deee72.jpg

Corrected windscreen with flat panels:

F8WindscreenA_zps62ce1750.jpg

Martin-Baker 2E ejector seat courtesy of Aeroclub:

F_zps369dc943.jpg