paul fisher

Meteor F8 progress

Thanks , guys...and no worries on more decals, all ideas are welcome so keep those cards and letters coming in!

I know of at least 15 aircraft I'd like to see myself, but  sheet or two of F8's is more than likely, as well as stencilling.

Luuk is doing some decals for his own line for the F8 and I'm sure others will hop in once we get this thing in the hands  of a few builders.

Won't be long now...

more pictures soon!

Paul

Looks like I'm definitely in for a mk8 and a nacelle set for the 4; the two-seaters are just too ugly for my tastes so i won't wait for additional conversion sets.  Paul, this set looks superb, at least on par with your other sets!

A 2-seater ?????

Did I miss something? Are you doing this one too Paul?

If so, I'm on for one of those too as these were used in Korea too!

Erh, I agree with the 'Ugly' comments previously...

But Hey, Ugly could also mean 'Purposeful' too - You Know?

Phil

Edited by Piprm

the 2-seater is also of historic significance...so I hope we see the T7 as well!!

Yup, the swedish target tugs has to be the most important thing ever (Meteor-wise) :)

Good  morning!

My plan is to complete the FIII conversion as soon as the F8 is shipping. It is a lot of work , but the two seaters are my personal favorites and I hope to bring out the T7 and at least one night fighter / target tug.

Back to the bench! Casting up the first canopies for the F8 today...no rest for the wicked!

Good  morning!

My plan is to complete the FIII conversion as soon as the F8 is shipping. It is a lot of work , but the two seaters are my personal favorites and I hope to bring out the T7 and at least one night fighter / target tug.

Back to the bench! Casting up the first canopies for the F8 today...no rest for the wicked!

Thanks for that Paul,great news.

Cheers

Dennis

Good  morning!

A  T7 /  2 seater too? ....  "I say .., Golly Good show - old boy" ! :clap2:

Hmm .....  better start saving some coins... and expanding my shelf-space  :hmmm:

Phil

Just found assembly manual with drawings of the ammo tank installation and the altered cockpit tub to fit the ejector seat, oh happy day! Now i can get this thing done!Note to self: Clean desk more often!

Decals will be for one silver and one camouflaged RAF machine , and "Halestorm" the RAAF ship with Mig kills stencilled on the nose. Not sure on cost yet, but I will try to keep it as reasonable as i can.

Hi Paul, 

I am very keen to get this conversion set when released. One question though, given you mention you are offering A77-851 "Halestorm" as an option, are you also doing large bore intakes for the conversion? Although the current Warbird painted as Halestorm has the small bore intakes, the real aircraft had large bore versions as evidenced in the photos at ADF Serials (ADF Serials Gallery Meteor-A77-851)

Cheers,

Ken B

Kag, I understood the kit intakes are the same length as the smaller intakes should be, but have the bigger diameter orifices. The bigger intakes were a bit shorter in reality. I have some dimensions somewhere....

Tim

Here's the relevant page in the CMK FR.9 instructions, still a bit of a minefield!

That's my only criticism of the HKM Meteor compared to the above or most other kits - the HKM instruction drawings are so very feint.

Superb kit though.

Tony

Edited by Tony T