paul fisher

Meteor F8 progress

Hi ...The Meteor F8 is nearly done, I am wrestling with the cockpit and canopy  and then all will be ready. There's an awful lot more to the conversion than I had first thought, and making it work with the HK kit has been challenging, but I think it will make for a pretty simple cut and paste job. I am maikng up the wing fuel tanks and also the stacked 60 lb. rockets to go with the Meteor too. Should make for an impressive beast when all put together.

Luuk Boerman of Dutch Decal is doing art for 3 planes, RAF and RAAF as well as a sheet of his own for various other F8's.

Sorry it has been so delayed, the Bugatti P100 and a few other projects took up a lot of time, but they are now about done and i am hacking away.

Paul

F8tapedup_zps3e2763ed.jpg

thanks for showing your progress Paul, i'll be sure to buy one of these conversions together with Luuk's decalset.

Jack.

Guest Peterpools

Paul

How sweet she looks.

Peter

Just found assembly manual with drawings of the ammo tank installation and the altered cockpit tub to fit the ejector seat, oh happy day! Now i can get this thing done!Note to self: Clean desk more often!

Decals will be for one silver and one camouflaged RAF machine , and "Halestorm" the RAAF ship with Mig kills stencilled on the nose. Not sure on cost yet, but I will try to keep it as reasonable as i can.

Just found assembly manual with drawings of the ammo tank installation and the altered cockpit tub to fit the ejector seat, oh happy day! Now i can get this thing done!Note to self: Clean desk more often!

Decals will be for one silver and one camouflaged RAF machine , and "Halestorm" the RAAF ship with Mig kills stencilled on the nose. Not sure on cost yet, but I will try to keep it as reasonable as i can.

Ooooh!.... Paul -  NOW YOU ARE TALKING .. My Man!!!

You've hit a bulls-eye with that one!... 'HALESTORM'  Oh Happy Days!

Brilliant!

Phil

Edited by Piprm

Any chance another decal company might do some more choices for the kit, the RAAF had some interesting schemes at times which I'd like to see done

Greg