JohnB

Revell He 219 build underway

I've had this kit on the shelf for a little while so I decided it was time to build it. The cockpit is about done so now I'll move along to the rest of the fuselage assembly. I used Testor's MM RLM66 for the main assembly. The seat cushions and head rests are White Ensign RAL8000 Grunbraun, the belts are part White Ensign RAL7027 Afrika Korps Sand Grey and Humbrol #93 Light Wood. The belts are from FineMolds. I used the kit instrument panel decals plus some Eduard cockpit placards, etc. The Kagero He 219 book #49 came in very handy. I have #50 on the way for the rest of the build.

4-155_zps8bf51ad3.jpg

4-153_zpse7368c8a.jpg

Thanks for posting this one John, not sure how much AM I will throw at mine, but like your basic approach-looks great so far!  

Thanks. The only other after-market stuff (at least for now) will be G-factor gear and Barracudacast engine nacelles. Maybe a few other small items as the build goes on but, as it comes out of the box, it appears to be a very accurate kit. However, I would like to find some replacement props but can live with the kit ones if necessary. I have some decals coming from Owl which should be nice.

I'll be following this one for sure. I have plenty of AM for my 219 build, someday I'll get to it

I will look forward to seeing yours Ron. What are you going to do about the props?

I will look forward to seeing yours Ron. What are you going to do about the props?

Haven't figured that part out yet, I have the cockpit, wheels, landing gear, decals, radar and forward nacelles all figured out. Props are still in question and may end up doing them on my own?

John, your impressions of the Finemolds sets? I ask as I had a little trouble working with them and eventually ditched them for a RB set on my current 109 project.

Regards,

Kent

John, your impressions of the Finemolds sets? I ask as I had a little trouble working with them and eventually ditched them for a RB set on my current 109 project.

Regards,

Kent

I like them a lot Kent. Just warm 'em up some before trying to bend 'em. I hold 'em close to a light bulb with tweezers for 10-15 seconds.

Haven't figured that part out yet, I have the cockpit, wheels, landing gear, decals, radar and forward nacelles all figured out. Props are still in question and may end up doing them on my own?

I did this with my build: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=42959&hl=uncarina

Although it looks scruffy in the photo they turned out well, and were easy to modify with Milliput.

Cheers,  Tom

I did this with my build: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=42959&hl=uncarina

Although it looks scruffy in the photo they turned out well, and were easy to modify with Milliput.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom. Always good to get some input from someone who has "been there' done that". Changing the wing angle of attack is something I hadn't thought of before so it's nice to know about that before I get there.

Edited by JohnB

John,

My pleasure. I'm confident your build will be amazing (it already looks great), and I think adding those open cowl flaps like you've got will really set it apart. Have you selected a particular aircraft?

Cheers,  Tom

John,

My pleasure. I'm confident your build will be amazing (it already looks great), and I think adding those open cowl flaps like you've got will really set it apart. Have you selected a particular aircraft?

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks again Tom. Tentatively this one:

Owl6a_zpsbb52780e.jpg

However this is not set in stone.