The old Mosquito Restoration Project

Chris Wimmer

Thank you, Harrison. Looking at your builds I think this should be no problem at all, love your Swordfish! It's a pity that your beaufighter pics are gone...

Have completed the cockpit door today. Here it is, decorated with my first self printed decal. This was the third effort to apply one, the material is so damn thin. Now I leave it as it is. Looks a bit used...

Thanks for stopping by  :)

Chris

IMG_1923_zpswjxhb65o.jpg

IMG_1924_zpshh9jgfcw.jpg

Thank you, Harrison. Looking at your builds I think this should be no problem at all, love your Swordfish! It's a pity that your beaufighter pics are gone...

Have completed the cockpit door today. Here it is, decorated with my first self printed decal. This was the third effort to apply one, the material is so damn thin. Now I leave it as it is. Looks a bit used...

Thanks for stopping by  :)

Chris

IMG_1923_zpswjxhb65o.jpg

IMG_1924_zpshh9jgfcw.jpg

Whoa, that is awesome Chris! Especially considering the fidelity of the latch detail and it's size. Luv it!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank you, Harv, Justin and Wolf!

And much more thanks to my younger sister. Not long ago I was taking the mickey out of her when I saw her using reading glasses. Then I tried them just for fun and never laughed at her again. Getting older isn't funny...    :) 

IMG_1932_zpsdryvfzi5.jpg

cheers 

Chris       :coolio:

Hi Everybody!

Have completed the nose cone yesterday. Made the frame from plastic sheet, masked and sprayed the outer struts and applied black decal sheet on the inside. The only thing is that it doesn't fit as good as the kit part does. It's a very little bit too small, unfortunately...

IMG_1936_zpsok5neecg.jpg

IMG_1938_zpsa4cfsxfv.jpg

IMG_1940_zpsvvdfurkv.jpg

Thanks for your interest   :)

Chris 

Lovely work through and through. This one certainly looks the part compared to its youger sibblings. :goodjob:

Hubert

Excellent !.....Harv :popcorn:

Many thanks for the kind words, Hubert and Harv! I'm happy you like it!   :)