"Saber" builds a HUN

Harold

Major thanks to Harold for posting up the pix.....current 'puter doesn't play well with Photobucket.

The Trump F-100 is one of their better offerings & a good build right out of the box....but what fun would that be?...;)

Using MM enamels throughout.....cockpit painted with thinned 'Aircraft Interior Black' applied several times being allowed to fully dry between coats. Cockpit is a combination of kit & resin parts....seat is one of Harold's creations, as is the cockpit tub & wheels...same goes for the red resin FOD cover I'll be using.

Pre-shading done with extremely thinned gloss black using a Badger 150 single action at about 24psi....took 24 hours for it to fully dry.

Camo patterns achieved by laying out a strip of 18mm Tamiya tape & simply making gentle curves with the Exacto & piecing them together for the desired pattern.

Decals are a combination of kit & spares box...

Thats' pretty much the short version...of course there are a myriad of the usual build techniques involved that we all use....

More pix to follow as the build progesses...

Happy modeling,

Jim

I sent Jim a one off cockpit set I started working on several years ago, but never completed due to the multiple versions hitting the market at the same time.

Only one other person has some of the resin other than Jim.

Jim is making it look easy.....good work as usual.

Edited by Harold

"she's got legs" ZZ Top.

(one of my favorites from them, a long ago girlfriend was in the video and fit the lyrics perfectly)

She actually wore the little white ankle socks and heels. I still love big hair...LOL

IMG_4165_zps9f589d80.jpg

IMG_4164_zps566d0f33.jpg

Edited by Harold