The Air War Over Vietnam Group Build Discussion Thread

LSP_Paul

Mhh...

Beside the F-4 there were the A-4, A-6, A-7, A-37, AT-28, B-26, B-52, B-57, F-5, F-8, F-100- F-102, F-105, F-111. The Vigilante. The Eyes (and Ears) in the sky, ie the E- types. Not to forget the Gunships of different size. Hueys. Cobras. Skycranes. Cayuses. And all that drones in the sky. Plenty stuff to choose from, if you want to make an allied one.

Someone ready to make a BUFF with Brigadier General James Steward on deck? Or the infamous Firebee named "Stupid Waterbug" floating in the gulf with the salvage team on top, waiting to get rescued by the Navy?

Not so many choices with the North Vietnamese forces- Mig-17, -19, -21. An-2 and Il-14.

Dunno, but checking my stash I see a Mig-17 with goodies. Maybe? We shall see.

Regards

- dutik

Don/t forget the Aussies with Sabres and Canberra's   ...............Thailand had Sabre K's and Bearcats  

VNAF ..T-28  F-5  A-37  Bearcats  Spads  C-47  C-130  U-6  C119

How about a JOLLY GREEN OR SUPER JOLLY     O-1   O-2  SR-71   U-2   C-123  CHINOOK  KIOWA  B-57  Ov10  EC-121

I was on Guam 66-68 (kid) and I could watch the BUFF's leave in the evening and return in the morning, all the

while a Soviet "fishing" trawler was perched out under the end or the runway "fishing"

Remember these  C-124    C-97     C-133   C-140    T-39

We had "ROBIN" and  "CHAPPIE and "YANKEE AIR POLLACK"s

OH KEV  please say YES

F-102s were at Da Nang. The F-106 never was in theater.

Sixes deployed to Thailand around 1968. There's a well known shot of a Six loaded with an MER and Mk.82s as a practical joke.

Can't remember which Squadron, but it's in one of the Sqn Signal Drendel books.

Tony

Sixes deployed to Thailand around 1968. There's a well known shot of a Six loaded with an MER and Mk.82s as a practical joke.

Can't remember which Squadron, but it's in one of the Sqn Signal Drendel books.

Tony

Really? That is something I would love to see! I had thought the closest they came was Okinawa.... Any idea which base it was in Thailand?

Edit-I just did some image searching and came across a few photos of a "bombed up" F-106. But they were taken in Korea in 1968.

Edited by stikpusher

Well it certainly looks like we have enough players for a poker game folks.. I'll be talking with  Kev and see if we cant put this one over in the correct forum, and folks can start signing up! :)

Thanks all for the Positive Response and  willingness to participate! 

Paul 

I do have the Tamiya F-4J Marines in the stash with some aftermarket which I plan to build in the near future in the markings of the only Phantom all Marine air to air kill of the Vietnam war. Was going to be Showtime 100 but thats been done to death. A group build might just be the kick in the butt needed to get started on it.

Ade, I think the Marine F-4 sounds like a great project! 

I'll be getting things finalized and well get an official post in the GB Forum soon I hope! =D  

Paul,

I'm very enthusiastic about your suggestion! Count me in with B.K. Bryans A-6A Intruder, VA-196.

Cheers, Tom

Alrighty Tom!  Keep your eye on the GB Forum and I'll let folks know when we have an official OK to get things started  :)

Paul

Mhh...

Beside the F-4 there were the A-4, A-6, A-7, A-37, AT-28, B-26, B-52, B-57, F-5, F-8, F-100- F-102, F-105, F-111. The Vigilante. The Eyes (and Ears) in the sky, ie the E- types. Not to forget the Gunships of different size. Hueys. Cobras. Skycranes. Cayuses. And all that drones in the sky. Plenty stuff to choose from, if you want to make an allied one.

Someone ready to make a BUFF with Brigadier General James Steward on deck? Or the infamous Firebee named "Stupid Waterbug" floating in the gulf with the salvage team on top, waiting to get rescued by the Navy?

Not so many choices with the North Vietnamese forces- Mig-17, -19, -21. An-2 and Il-14.

Dunno, but checking my stash I see a Mig-17 with goodies. Maybe? We shall see.

Regards

- dutik

Dutik, you also had the Russian Patrol Bombers flying out on the fringes of the battle space around carriers, although a TU 95 would be outrageously huge in 1/32 :)  . There was also the incident where the US Navy and Chinese both lost an aircraft in a dogfight of Hainan Island early in the war.   I would definitely  like to see more MIgs and such involved in the group build.

Paul

I vote that we start it sooner...this way when I finish my F-16 this week I can jump right into it....lol.

Jeff, I'd like to give people a chance to get all their "stuff" together before we actually start the GB..a lot of folks  have finite  resources and time to get organized so they can participate.  :) Trust me, Id like to start sooner too.. but I cant due to lack of funds for Extras..

Paul