1/32 Revell Bf109 G6 Markings TBD

Maurice

Yes, another 1/32 Revell Bf109 G6. I love painting Luftwaffe camos. And after the Hartmann's bird I built sometime ago I wanted to do another one. I have a FW190 Dora as well but yet I need to do further research and decide the markings.

The cockpit of the Revell kit is already of a very good detail so I only added Finemolds harnesses wich IMHO are the best harnesses I've seen around. They are perfectly molded and details are excellent.

Markings I have two options:

1.- White 12 flown by Staffelkapitan Hans Langer in central Italy. Crew chief did not check with Langer and they painted on the Hstab YOU NOT! Like challenging Allied opponents. In the next mission he was shot down by P-38s parachuting to safety. After that incident Langer ordered his crew chief not to paint any further slogans.

2.-White 7, Bf106G-6  R3 flown by Ltn Elias Khlein.

Both Standard RLM74/75/76 with white rudder.  

13474217514_e3130fcd23_z.jpg

13473965963_8c46e3d588_z.jpg

13473976283_5903c8167d_z.jpg

13474209944_998c0a00e8_z.jpg

13473959583_8b77dfa2a4_z.jpg

13473956723_5ed3033763_z.jpg

Edited by Maurice

Guest Peterpools

Maurice

Super start on the 109 ... looking forward to following and enjoying the build.

Keep /em coming

Peter

I vote, if I may, on White 12. Kuhleins aircraft has been done so many times before. Also, be aware that the instructions show the wrong wing pattern for White 12, it's a Mtt Regensburg built aircraft so the wings should be painted accordingly. Follow this link to a post I made a while back on different patterns. Kuhleins aircraft would've had the same pattern.

http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.se/2013/10/chosing-correct-wingpattern-for-bf109g-6.html?m=1

Great work on the cockpit by the way!

/Anders

Guest Peterpools

Maurice

Hands down: White 7, Bf106G-6  R3 flown by Ltn Elias Khlein. ... a great color scheme and the eyes do it for me.

Peter

Hi Anders,

Thank you for that post, whithout that I would have done the wrong pattern. I learned a lot about Gustavs camos, I'm glad to know now the different patterns depending on assembly site.

I can see the wavy patterns along leading edges as well, that will make it look more attractive.

Pete thank you for voting buddy, but I'll go for White 12, I will make it two missions before shot down so I don't put that YOU NOT! slogan on the HStab, does not look good. It's like putting a fox tail in the antenna of my car.

This is Anders profile, lovely work there:

13486553334_d65fc9c003.jpg

and this is the Eagle cals profile which seems to be a WNF aircraft per Anders post.

13485923375_0089339211.jpg

Thank you guys for putting much interest on my build.

Edited by Maurice

By all means, White 12...

I'm looking forward to your build...Your painting techniques brings out the details beautifully. Dramatic yet not overdone.

Not to bring up the worn out Hasegawa vs. Revell 109 debate...what are your thoughts on this kit--and do YOU favor it over the Hasegawa???

In any case, beautiful work.

Greg

I vote, if I may, on White 12. Kuhleins aircraft has been done so many times before. Also, be aware that the instructions show the wrong wing pattern for White 12, it's a Mtt Regensburg built aircraft so the wings should be painted accordingly. Follow this link to a post I made a while back on different patterns. Kuhleins aircraft would've had the same pattern.

http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.se/2013/10/chosing-correct-wingpattern-for-bf109g-6.html?m=1

Great work on the cockpit by the way!

/Anders

Awesome link Anders, pure gold mine

Hi Greg, thank you for checking in,

Revell's spinner looks more accurate, it has separate control surfaces, the cockpit is of superior detail and quality not requiring aftermarket goodies to have a good representation though you have to sand down the molded seat belts coming integrated in the kit's seat. The main landing gear bay is of superior detail. All this on the Revell's side of the match.

I like more the fuselage engineering of the Hasegawa because it's simplier though the tail is separate. Revell chose to have a kinky joint along the nose fuselage which generate a wierd joint right above wing root leading edge, though it's not a big deal to fill it up with putty. And finally price, 22bucks against 50 or 60 on the Hasegawa (CAD$).

Cheers

:piliot:   

Edited by Maurice

WOW....

That cocpitbis perfect, i like it alot....It looks eyebling when im eyeballing it all....

Also uouve shure wakened my attention with them seatbelt harness, how are they?

a builder byddy mentioned them for me...

This one on going to follow for shure, so dont let me wait between the updates lol even small ones are greati got this model in my stash to.

soo keep em coming.

/Mal

Thank you Mal for checking in. The harnesses are injected plastic, just finished the painting and weathering as shown in the picture above. I found them very detailed and flexible enough to follow the shape of the seat. The package brings 4 sets of harnesses so you can build four aircraft out of it.

Cheers

:piliot: