P-61B-1 "The Spook"

Uncarina

Joe,

Thanks! I'm pleased that the large canopy offers an opportunity to look inside, and allows some contrast from the vast expanse of black paint! I'll be waiting for a nice 1/32 Mosquito to join the team...

Cheers, Tom

Really nice model Tom, but the line around the forward fuselage should be primer red, and I'd hazard a guess the eyes would have been that colour too, I helped Eli research the Zotz sheet, and the line is present on later photos of Lady in the Dark for example. Hope you don't mind the comments. 

Andy

TheSpook1_zpsfab6a5fd.jpg

TheSpook2_zps1f12c64b.jpg

Edited by Kagemusha

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, Uncarina said:

I finally managed to extract the remaining photos from the foul depths of Photobucket. One of my favorite builds!

Cheers,  Tom

Tom, what was the difference between the relish and kit nose? Since the Relish correction is no longer available, I am now wondering what it would take to correct the supplied kit nose. As well as turret, if you don't mind sharing. 

Thanks,

TB

TB,

It’s been a while since I worked on the kit, but from what I recall the biggest differences are with the shapes. The kit’s B nose is too short, for example. Here is my build thread:  

And here is a fantastic tweak list for the kit: 

12 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Yes, 5cm if you want the nose as Relish Models has depicted it.

Cheers,  Tom

Got it. I do not yet own the kit so do not have a good sense of the length of the parts. That was your

measurement with digital calipers? 

Yes, double checked. With that and the length of the kit part you could craft a spacer at the fuselage junction, which I once saw someone do (don’t remember who however). Hope this helps,  Tom