1:32 Hasegawa P47D "Slick Chick"

Rick K

She's one beautiful jug Rick! Keep up the awesome work.

Brady

Thank Brady.

Gorgeous work Rick!

Kev

Cheers Kev

Beautifull!!

Cheers Loic

Gorgeous work!

Thanks Alan

Absolutely gorgeous!

/Erik

Thanks Erik

Glad I did "High Cover" instead of "Slick Chick," I could never compete with this.

I'd love to see this build.  you are too kind Bill.

The decals really bring it to life Rick!  Can't wait to see it with the weathering.

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks Matt.  Won't be long till I dirty her up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Rick

Your Jug sure needs a bath but the Flory wash should look perfect when cleaned off

Keep 'em coming

Peter

DECALS

Decals applied using Kits-World War Birds # 132028 for Perego's mount and EagleCal #107 for national insignia and stencils.  Kits-World decals went down beautifully and the carrier film almost disappeared.  EagleCal went down beautifully with no issues as well.  Both responded very well to setting solutions.

Only issue was with the national insignias as the setting solution gave me fits by leaving little deposits of "crystallized" spots.

SlickChickDecalFinal.07.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.08.jpg

50" national insignias for both side of lower wings.

SlickChickDecalFinal.11.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.13.jpg

I threw on the (almost completed) Hamilton Standard 13' prop for a test fit.  Will also finish the Curtiss Electric 13' prop so I can switch out from time to time.  I like the look of the stubby prop boss on the HS.

SlickChickDecalFinal.15.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.12.jpg

SlickChickDecalFinal.16.jpg

"Slick Chick" finally showed up and is all settled in and currently finishing her photo shoot.

Excellent work,the correct prop is Curtiss assymetrical have in mind-cheers

Edited by hayaman

"SLICK CHICK" IS WELL ENDOWED

After applying the final coat of primer I found a few seams that needed some attention.  While the liquid putty dries I decided to do a ordnance test fit.  There is much work to be done, but this was fun.

• Detail, weather and wire fuses to the 500 GP bombs
  • Paint, detail, weather, bullets and ignition wire for the M10's
  • Prime and paint for the brass blast tubes

Apologizes for the iPhone pics.

Jug_Arms02.jpg

Jug_Arms01.jpg

Jug_Arms04.jpg

Jug_Arms03.jpg

My modelling geekness got aroused and I look forward to the next phases of this build.  Keep fingers crossed for

a happy Alclad day.

Awesome work. It.looks great. Where did you get the brass barrels? What size are they? Diameter?

Awesome work. It.looks great. Where did you get the brass barrels? What size are they? Diameter?

Hasegawa brass barrels - HSGQG12

These are direct replacement for the kit barrels.  They are rare and hard to find.  I saw that Hannants carries them.  If no luck, try QuickBoost they make a nice resin set.

Hasegawa brass barrels - HSGQG12

These are direct replacement for the kit barrels.  They are rare and hard to find.  I saw that Hannants carries them.  If no luck, try QuickBoost they make a nice resin set.

Hey Rick, thank you for the input. I ordered the Quickboost set a few weeks ago and I like them. They are very nice. I will look for the Hasegawa brass set for my other Hasegawa P-47.

awesome stuff Rick!

this has been duly bookmarked

:)

Cheers Nick!

Very dirty indeed, Rick!

Kev

notice I did not say "Girl Mud Wrestling"  :)

Rick

Your Jug sure needs a bath but the Flory wash should look perfect when cleaned off

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter.

Love Flory.  One of these days I'm gonna step out of my comfort zone and try "panel line wash" and "dot filtering".

Excellent work,the correct prop is Curtiss assymetrical have in mind-cheers

Ah, thank you for the kudos and the coaching.  I am building both HS and CE props.

The HS prop will be in place if my plane is a D25 RA with "retro/field fitted" bomb racks, compression flaps and fin fillet.  The CE prop will be in place if my plane is a D26 RA with "retro/field fitted" bomb racks, compression flaps and fin fillet.  :) 

Thanks

Wow what a journey so far.

Beautiful!!

Teresa :-)

Thanks Teresa.