New 1/32 Tempest - master photos

Jan_K

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Stop that gibberish talk, pea nuts and mm counting.

I'm 71 years old and The "Grand Cirque", "The Big Show" (in english) was my first book when I was 10, and since this time, I read it may be 50 times..

This is the reason I got into aviation, aircrafts, Second world war, history and Models ... and on this forum.

Now, I just finished my SH High tech Hawker Tempest V. I choose "Le Grand Charles" flown by Pierre Clostermann, my idol.

I have awaited all my life, building a great lot of kits (so I'm n't an expert but an an experienced modelist) and now, after awaiting 61 years, I'm VERY HAPPY with this excellent representation of my favorite aircraft (I like also the Typhoon and the Sea fury) ... and in the future, I expect to build them from SH.

Edited by jpchagnon

Good man, JPC.

I'm also a Tempest fan, with it being part of my Hawker collection. (Props - Fury to Sea Fury, Jets - Sea Hawk to Hawk).

I'm still on the Hurricane stage (with the new Fly Hurricane IID extending the family further) and am waiting for the promised Roy Sutherland (Barracuda) radiator/nose correction that is due *sometime* for the Tempest Mk V. A similar grade of new Typhoon has also been announced by a Czech label, though I can't quite remember by who exactly, right now..

May I also recommend the SH Tempest II kit, which provides a really very nice half-way house to the expected Sea Fury.

Also, your written English is good and very easy to understand.

The new, 32070 Tempest Mk.V, with engine (half an engine, really), is now listed as available on Special Hobby's website, at €77.

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/special-hobby/hawker-tempest-mk-v-hi-tech-2.html

Instructions:

https://www.specialhobby.eu/out/media/100-SH32070.pdf

Or pre-order at Hannants for £70.

That's one powerful looking aeroplane. Imagine taking off in your 109G, held together with bits of string, to see a squadron of these things heading your way.

I may well squeeze one into the stash. Somewhere.