New 1/32 Tempest - master photos

Jan_K

So what is wrong with Paul's Sea Fury?  I am curious on this one. 

And why do we need a injection molded version one when there was a kit already done that was well below the standards we are all use too.

I am just curious on this as well and not trying to start a inflammatory discussion here but a practical approach to it.

And why do we need a injection molded version one when there was a kit already done that was well below the standards we are all use too.

I am just curious on this as well and not trying to start a inflammatory discussion here but a practical approach to it.

I had a discussion with someone from Special Hobby some time ago, they plan the Typhoon, but they are not sure about the Sea Fury (in my opinion diplomatic answer for "not in plan").  You can try to convince them on some modelling exhibit.

I would like to know how the Fischer's Fury looks...I have their  RB-51. If I consider the (price+shipping+customs)/quality ratio, it is pricey thing, and the quality is not what I would expect for the money (+ cockpit  is fine, nice decals, - wheel bays are completely wrong (copy of old Hasegawa) and the fuselage some 15 degrees bent (fixed in hot water))

Hobbycraft Sea Fury surface (there are no panel lines but canyons) reminds me some old vac kits, even the reissues of old matchbox stuff (e.g. Lysander) look way better. But the surface detail can be filled and rescribed, maybe the Fischer details sets with the Hobbycraft kit could be the way how to make good Sea Fury for reasonable price.

Edited by Jan_K

I'm not sure I understand the questions here. Why do we need a new injected plastic 1/32 Sea Fury when the existing (Hobbycraft) kit is well below standard? Doesn't that question sort of answer itself?

After seeing this Sea Fury at local airshows over the last few years

SeaFuryEdwards2006.jpg

I've thought it would be quite nice to be able to add one to my collection.

But I don't wish to dabble in resin. And the Hobbycraft kit just looks too substandard.

So yes, a new injected plastic 1/32 Sea Fury from one of the better companies would be fantastic.

Let me rephrase this earlier post line I wrote "And why do we need a injection molded version one when there was a kit already done that was well below the standards we are all use too", to maybe the companies out there don't want to tackle the "shape issues" or the complexities of marketing when we all know that based on time from announcement to final product is always writ with delays and corrections that always cause us the builder to be skeptical of the final piece.

This in no way is a "political" statement but a matter of fact.  How many times have we looked at the pictures of this gorgeous Tempest and thought or questioned does it look right?  Some have even question as to why a "radial engine" plug was placed in the kit, right?  So I myself think maybe it all comes done to the final equation.  Like Jan_K said "in a discussion with Special Hobby some time ago, they plan the Typhoon, but they are not sure about the Sea Fury." 

Dollars.  It comes down to the mighty dollar today.

I'll always be happy when I decide what looks right to me and builds good for me and this Tempest looks pretty spot on!

And so do the Fisher Furies! :innocent:

Edited by Michael931080

Let me rephrase this earlier post line I wrote "And why do we need a injection molded version one when there was a kit already done that was well below the standards we are all use too", to maybe the companies out there don't want to tackle the "shape issues" or the complexities of marketing when we all know that based on time from announcement to final product is always writ with delays and corrections that always cause us the builder to be skeptical of the final piece.

This in no way is a "political" statement but a matter of fact.  How many times have we looked at the pictures of this gorgeous Tempest and thought or questioned does it look right?  Some have even question as to why a "radial engine" plug was placed in the kit, right?  So I myself think maybe it all comes done to the final equation.  Like Jan_K said "in a discussion with Special Hobby some time ago, they plan the Typhoon, but they are not sure about the Sea Fury." 

Dollars.  It comes down to the mighty dollar today.

I'll always be happy when I decide what looks right to me and builds good for me and this Tempest looks pretty spot on!

And so do the Fisher Furies! :innocent:

I'm still not sure I'm quite understanding your view on this.

You're saying the Hobbycraft Sea Fury looks spot on?

No I'm not saying that at all.  I'm assuming most companies don't want to tackle aircraft that have been criticized in the past about "shape issues" or the complexities of marketing when we all know it comes down to the dollar.

Again this is not about one Manufacturer's kit ie Hobbycraft's Sea Fury or Fisher's it's simply a personal question I poised about what was wrong with the said kits myself.

So please lets just stay on topic about the Tempest.

Thank you.

So looking at the Tempest, and knowing that Special Hobby uses CAD design these days, it appears to me that without a whole lot of muss and fuss, their talented CAD designer could pretty easily come up with an injection molded

SEA FURY!!!!!

Can I hear an "AMEN!"??

AMEN and I'll raise you a HELL YES!!! I really hope they follow on with the Sea Fury!

-Shane

So looking at the Tempest, and knowing that Special Hobby uses CAD design these days, it appears to me that without a whole lot of muss and fuss, their talented CAD designer could pretty easily come up with an injection molded 

SEA FURY!!!!!

Can I hear an "AMEN!"??

Just FYI,  the main Tempest kits parts were hand made.

No I'm not saying that at all.  I'm assuming most companies don't want to tackle aircraft that have been criticized in the past about "shape issues" or the complexities of marketing when we all know it comes down to the dollar.

Again this is not about one Manufacturer's kit ie Hobbycraft's Sea Fury or Fisher's it's simply a personal question I poised about what was wrong with the said kits myself.

So please lets just stay on topic about the Tempest.

Thank you.

Alright then.

I'm pretty sure a lot of companies will be happy to do new versions of aircraft that have been released before, as long as they can expect to make some money while doing go.

That's why we now have a Tamiya Corsair despite the previous existence of the Revell and Trumpeter kits, a Tamiya and Zoukei Mura Mustang despite the previous attempts by Hasegawa and Dragon... and a future P-51B from HK Models despite there being an old and not-so-great Revell kit.

I can't see anyone not wanting to do a Sea Fury JUST because Hobbycraft did one a while back. There's clear room for improvement and I think most Sea Fury fans would welcome it.

Anyways, back to the topic of the Tempest. The more I look through mine, the more I look forward to SH doing a Typhoon. I don't know why but I just like the Typhoon better.