Inventory... Damn

Thomas Lund

Well, I try hard not to have more ongoing projects. Otherwise I would never finish anything given my speed. It was not always so though.

So right now final touches on Tam P-51 Passion Wagon. B-17 next (but I may do some 72nd scale Phantoms along with it, I am more the jet guy after all :whistle: ).

Jozef

I have really been in the mood for a jet lately!  I think my next project after the 190 is going to be the new SH Buckeye that I just got in from Poland.

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Looking forward to the Buckeye for sure.

I'm concentrating on finishing my two on going builds and then setting sights on only one new project: an F-14D Tomcat with all the goodies and a all out effort.

Peter

Lemme think ...  :hmmm:

- Aichi Hansa (1/32, scratchbuilt from before the WNW HB-W29) ... stalled

- Japanese Bücker Jungmann (Planet Models resin, 1/32) ... stalled

- Grumman G-22 Gulfhawk (the old Monogram 1/32 kit) ... stalled for the last two years, as I was trying to find a solution for a new engine block, as the Vector one has an irregular distribution of the cylinders around the periphery ... Problem solved recently, and itching to restart ...

All those 3 can be found somewhere in the deep of LSP WiPs and GBs ...

Plus a 1/72 Anigrand XC-142, which I started to restore my modelling Mojo ! The problem being that a series of life events kept me away from any modelling (apart from lurching - and drooling - on LSP) for more than 2 years ...

Plus a kit of an XVIIIth Century French frigate "la Flore", from which the old Lindberg "Jolly Roger" was fashioned ...

Not mentioning all the projects I dream to complete in a finger-snap ....

Then, there is ongoing (all in 1/32, what else ?):

- a conversion set for KH's T-6 into a true Harvard II

- a conversion set for KH's T-6 in a WWII early marks version

- a conversion set for KH's T-6 in a "true" fighting T-6G

- some details for the future DH-89 in resin, in conjunction with Martin 

- some details for the future Br 693 in resin, in (very small) conjunction with Waroff (just gave him some resin cowlings to play with last sunday  :frantic: )

- reworking and finalising the masters for a resin CAC Wirraway ...

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Then, there is ongoing (all in 1/32, what else ?):

- a conversion set for KH's T-6 into a true Harvard II

- a conversion set for KH's T-6 in a WWII early marks version

- a conversion set for KH's T-6 in a "true" fighting T-6G

- some details for the future DH-89 in resin, in conjunction with Martin 

- some details for the future Br 693 in resin, in (very small) conjunction with Waroff (just gave him some resin cowlings to play with last sunday  :frantic: )

- reworking and finalising the masters for a resin CAC Wirraway ...

Hubert

Now there's a bunch of stuff I'd love to see you finish Hubert!

Kev

Well, this all makes me feel a bit better. Several years ago as the result of the loss of a loved one, I went into a modeling slump. For over a year I tried starting many different kits with the hope that one would snap me out of it. It finally happened but now I have a couple dozen kits in various states of assembly. I'm hoping that now that I have retired I can begin to whittle down the backlog at least to a reasonable number.

Yesterday I did an inventory of WIP's.

I was a bit stunned to find that I had 20 models in various states of completion.

Time to do a little clean up I think.

How about you guys?

Years back, I devoted a thread to my stalled projects.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=2806

My current list looks like:

In-Process USA

A-36 Apache (mod from Revell P-51B)

P-51B Malcolm hood "Old Crow"

P-51D late (with fin strake)

F5F-5 Hellcat (w/ wings folded)

In Process German

Me-410 vac

In-Process Japanese

Rex floatplane conversion

Ohka

Shinden

In-Process British

Typhoon

In-Process Jet

F-4E Phantom

MiG-21 PF

But, I don't mind having several projects going at once in a hobby...

...as long as I'm active in that hobby.

I have the same approach in my Firefly prop building hobby.

http://fireflydvd.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3541

I would always have several projects going at once, and return to them as inspiration would strike.

As long as I'm finishing things, I don't view ongoing projects as a burden.

It is only when I burn out on a hobby direction, and the fun turns to work,

that I start to hate having things sitting around unfinished.

About ten years ago, I had reached that point with the 1/32nd scale models;

now after ten years, I'm getting like that with the Firefly stuff.

Soooo, I'm trying to wrap up my unfinished Firefly projects,

and get back into the 32nd scale aircraft.

As a final note, and I hope this isn't too boring, I never suffer from AMS.

I'm always comfortable to work within my limits, and I try to not over-complicate projects into guarenteed failure.

I always try to keep the fun and satisfaction in my fun activities.

Good luck to all in clearing their shelves of doom,

Mike

Hi my names colin ,and I'm a serial builder,..... Muttered "Hi Colin"

I don't have any abandoned projects around, I start I build , and move on , ok this makes me rare I know , but I take so long to get motivated these days that once once I have all my aftermarket items bought ofr a project , I just motivated to get moving on it , and since I rely on aftermarket rather than modelling talent , my builds tend to be trouble free, .. ok I'm a freak!

I've got a IAF F-16A Netz approaching painting , once that's done , its an Me-262B, then an A-1D, followed by a Black widow, that should see me through to the end of summer 

I also don't have standards that are so high that I get bogged down in research/fixing things.. try it guys .. mediocrity ..  gets them finished every time!

Just 5, all 1/32nd.

HK B-25

HB P-61

3 Hasegawa FW's 2 under modifications to a D-13 & a D-11 and a standard D-9.

A week a go I did complete a nine year old project, a Lone Start resin P-6 catapult with a Monogram Kingfisher mounted on it. 

Hmmmm.....

1/72 Shuttle stack in progress

1/144 Anagrand C-141B almost ready for paint

1/144 Revell C-17 almost ready for paint

1/32 Revell F-16A - 5 each.  Going Thunderbirds in flight diorama/wall art. WIP at work during lunch.  Temporarly stalled.

1/32 Trumpeter A-7E painting in progress    Set aside 5 or 6 years ago.

1/32  Visible P-51

1/8? Visible Hemi  Some parts got lost and set aside.  I think I found them though.

1/16? Gullows Stearman balsa. Does it count?  My longest stall. 8 or 10 years?? I forgot

Oh, and this does not include my partially built kits I bought used.

Brian

Looking forward to the Buckeye for sure.

I'm concentrating on finishing my two on going builds and then setting sights on only one new project: an F-14D Tomcat with all the goodies and a all out effort.

Peter

Since I've sold off the overwhelming majority of my 1:32 stuff, I currently suspect I'll slide the Tamiya F-14A in after a Bf 110C, which will follow a (current), Bf 109K-4. Of course, I do still have a WNW Fokker D.VII pleading with me, and the New Airfix Typhoon may really upset my plans, but in a good way.

I got 2.

Mrs Bonnie that is in rest mode......that one is inspire build and i dont have inspire just for the moment, its a loong build since last year july.

And my recent FW190...

try to keep it to few ;)

I did that early last year and am finally down to 5.

• 1/144 B-1B stalled until it warms up so I can hand paint the nose art.
  • 1/35 M7 Priest. The vehicle is done, but only 2 crewmen done. Still have to create 4-5 more.
  • 1/35 M1025 HMMWV. Not really sure why I stopped. Probably saw something shiny.
  • 1/32 HK B-17G. Just waiting on more aftermarket and some room on the bench.
  • 1/32 WNW Albatros D.V. Currently working on this one. Stalled when I went in for heart surgery.

In the meantime, I've been re-modelling my garage so it will not only be insulated, but accomodate my models, workbench and a 10 x 16 HO train layout.

All: My count with one hand over my eye looks like I have about 23 going on with one or two that probably will not make it. The most ambitious project revolves around six spitfire conversions using the Paragon sets. A Ju-88 A-4 with torpedoes and a tricked out Revell Bf-110G night fighter are on the bench. I move in sprints of painting or scratch building or by nationality or type of propulsion. I work on one EE lightning vac kit every three weeks or so (glueing on billions of vents and small exhausts right now). The rule is to have fun learning something new and relax.

Rick

Just found another started build....

A revell/monogram p51B splice.

For Shangri La build.

I just was going through the garage today

cleaning it out so I could finish working in my

YZF R1 putting on new sprockets and chain. Well I started cleaning and one thing led to another

and started going through boxes of models.

I dug out my scratch-build Fokker DVIII Razor and got inspired.

A 2 hour job on the bike turned into 8 as I cleaned garage, bike parts as I was working and washed two cars!

Inspiration to finish the WWI plane after seeing it is fairly complete sub-assemblies.

Jon

Edited by fastzx