AIMS Ju 388

Pastor John

Guest Vulcan32

Hi John,

do you know a release date? I would like to finish one for the IPMS Show in Vienna in March 2015.

Regards,

Heinz

That's great news, John! Profiles look great, too.

If this is ready by February, it would be just in time for my birthday! I'll have to start throwing out thick hints to the wife. :innocent:

Also, would it be possible to order "one and a half" of these conversions? Of course, we can discuss the details when you're finished and have them ready, but I already know I want one of the planes depicted, plus I have another project in mind that wouldn't require all of the parts.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, thanks to everyone who came by to see me at Telford and encouraged me about the 388, here is a picture below. I am now taking pre order deposits so I know how many injection parts to order from factory. i do not have a total cost yet but I guess it will be about £120.00 but please don't hold me to that - it is an educated guess. If you want you simply send me £20.00 via Paypal to my email address aimsmodels1@gmail.com and make sure it says Ju 388 on it and has your full address. I am expecting a February release date so pre order deposits taken until 10th December. Thanks

20141107_150510_zps06c913da.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

Thanks for posting, John! I'm glad to see that you are so close to finishing.

I really want to throw down a deposit, but I also have a few questions, first. Is the canopy a vac, resin, or injection molded plastic? I may have missed that, but I did see you mention "injection" parts, so I just wanted to be clear. Also, The spinners and engine fronts look a little different than what I expected. It could be the photo, but the spinners, especially, look a little small (Edit: It could be because I can't see the cooling fans and they usually block the view of everything else, making the spinners seem larger than they probably are. So, they are probably just fine). Probably something that I've overlooked, but would like to hear your input on that. As I stated earlier, this one is a must have for me and I would like one full conversion, as well as the possibility of a select few parts to be used for another project. Hopefully we can work something out once you're finished.

Thanks again for posting everything!

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels