AIMS Ju 388

Pastor John

Looks wonderful!

I still have your lovely Mistel conversion awaiting the bench.............

Oh it definitely is a work of art all things considered. I need a week off work to just build this thing :-)

lol, just one week?!??   Hell, Id need a month or two off to finish something major like this.

Hi Everybody,

I have been working all day on how best to resolve the clear nose part issue and the end result is to report that there is not as much of an issue as i thought! Thankfully I have stock of everything so I can play around but the best thing is to look at photos of the real aircraft again and I realised that on my first attempt the side and lower framework on my nose piece was too wide, trimming a new one to just 1mm by-passed the small amount of splaying outwards in the suction issue I reported. Now note with the clear parts you have two frames of reference - 1st is the canopy lower sill which should be wide enough to just allow the bottom of the lower windows to be in line with the exterior brace moulded onto the resin tub. 2nd the middle frame of the nose which goes from one side the the other and passes underneath the circular panel starts with its upper edge smack bang in the middle of the moulded exterior resin brace terminal. Ok so here is how I think anyone should proceed....

1. Add some means of creating addition purchase material for the nose section - plastic sleeved wire is perfect - not only is it easy to place but also can represent piping on model. Place it all the way to the top of the aperture so that when you fit the nose part it is jammed between what you have added and the exterior resin braze.

2. Make sure canopy is trimmed to windows just appear above exterior braze and tape down.

3. Trim nose section so that lower/side frame is 1mm wide

4. Offer up to tub/canopy and trim accordingly.

5. Glue / fill at time of your choosing. There will be need for some strong CA in places so take precautions against fogging. There will be some filling required around this nose fit so don't leave to after model is painted.

Best wishes and sorry for any headaches or loss of interest.

John

20150716_192810_zps7kkuzbjh.jpg20150716_194131_zpssyob9hkl.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

why don't you redo the wrong canopy and sell it?

Second that. In regards to the price tag asked for this conversion I would prefer to have the manufacturer do the revision of the canopy. This area of the build is a focal point of interest and would deserve a perfect fitting canopy given to the customer.

Don´t get me wrong: I fully appreciate your effort doing this conversion set. Nonetheless a new vac or even resin canopy should be offered to rectify this.