AIMS Ju 388

Pastor John

PE and decals look great! The choice of Werknummbers is - compared to many competitors in scale modelling - excellent, showing aircrafts that where finished by ATG and ready for BAL delivery.

The latest scale aviation modeller international SAMI, a nice advertisment showing the Ju188 resin cockpit section, and a Ju 388 drawing and a short article on the large scale Ju 188 by AIMS. I am sure following issues will cover the Ju 388.

Good luck, John with your beautifull new resin articles and let us share any further stets here!

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All the company doing the resin parts that need injection moulded finally got back to me - I had been promised my order by end of Feb at the latest well they have two mould makers - one thought the other was doing the moulds and visa versa so nothing has been done! I am furious and the administrator very apologetic. It has been made a priority and it is hoped that the 50x sets I have initially ordered will be with me by end of March. I continue to thank you all for the trust you place in me in this hobby and as a modeller myself I obviously want this kit available just as much as the person who has paid a deposit - in fact more - as I have paid for 200 decals and 50 PE sheets so far - not cheap. Anyway it will be here soon so don't worry be happy. Thanks once again everyone

I can imagine that you're furious John. It's hard enough to run a business and unexpected delays don't help. But no worries, I'm with Old Dog. If it helps I'll gladly increase my deposit. My copy of Vernaleken's book on the Ju388 arrived this weekend so I have something to read till your conversion is ready.

Thanks guys, and just to confirm - as you may see there is not much of the Revell kit left so just let me know which donor kit you are using - if you have an A-1 I will provide an EZ-6 and clear part and two props, if A-4 kit - then I will provide 8 props - simple.

Well I am one part away from sending off all the stuff the factory will be casting.

John, any pictures so far of the propeller blades? Maybe of the full propeller attached to the engines?

Any update on the release date?

Edited by Wurzacher

Dear John,

Question regarding the decals, it remained a miracle Up to now what the text in the doted red circle read on the BMW801TJ?

And how did you resolve that miracle (source?) obviously?

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, regarding propeller blades I have no information to tell me that they were different to normal VDM props so have made them just like the A-1 props. As to release date I have been promised injection parts by end of March so we have to see.

Best wishes to all and thanks for the great support

John

Hi John,

e.g. on http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Waffen/Ju388-R.htmone can read:

Junkers Ju 388 J-1-Reihe

Triebwerk: Zwei BMW 801 TJ luftgekühlte Vierzehnzylinder-Doppelsternmotoren mit Abgasturboladern und 2 x 2.000 PS Startleistung. Vierflüglige VDM-Verstell-Luftschrauben von 3,70 m Durchmesser.

I think you are right.

I am glad to get your new conversion.

Regards Alfons

Hi sorry I forgot to answer question about text inside stencilled circle on engines - also found as plain text without circle  - eg Silverhill example. Anyway sorry to disappoint but I could not find any details anywhere so I am afraid I have made up something reasonable in German. Did not know what else I could have done?