petrov27

Zotz 1/32 Intruders in the Vietnam War ZTZ32-061

Those names are commemorative. That's stated in the instructions.

I know, I helped with that scheme and provided/recommended those names. At that time no clear images of name style was found for the black text for the crew names, I'm simply pointing out here that there was no first initial now that I've since confirmed what they looked like. My comment wasn't meant as a criticism at all which it sounds like it was maybe read as, it was only provided as a addendum.

As ever I'm late to the party as regards these marking , but I just received my set from Hannants this morning , , (it's part of my birthday) , and I have to say they are SUPERB, a really beautiful package, the research and effort that's obviously gone into this set is phenomenal 

I'm going to be building the A-6B, VA-52, (I have an interest in SEAD aircraft) ,, and could I point out that a book "Iron Hand" by Anthony thornburgh has an excellent picture of th a STARM A-6B cockpit showing the differences between it and a standard A-6A - the book is a very useful reference for anyone interested in this field 

I'm sorry this hasn't been a bigger seller for you Eli, it really deserves to be , and because of it , I really can see myself buying atleast one other A-6 in the future, (a nice Marine mud mover perhaps) -

Once again thanks for such an excellent product!

Colin 

Edited by Scotsman

Hi!

Tony will not do it but I'll do it: buy his "Iron Hand" book! It has everything you will need to build a SAM killer plus far more, believe me!

I highly recommend it!

Thierry

I am late to the party but I second this!..Tony is to modest to mention it but this book is like the “Bible† of Vietnam and post war SEAD operations and equipment.   We really don’t realize what special people we have here on LSP when a question needs answering.

Hey Eli,  I missed this somehow, but I would like a couple of sets please, do I need to PM you to get registered or will this suffice?

Great work and conversation, Gary

I'm going to be building the A-6B, VA-52, (I have an interest in SEAD aircraft) ,, and could I point out that a book "Iron Hand" by Anthony thornburgh has an excellent picture of th a STARM A-6B cockpit showing the differences between it and a standard A-6A - the book is a very useful reference for anyone interested in this field 

Colin, where could we find that book for sale? I also love the VA-52 A-6B PAT/ARM and I need more info and pics showing the AGM-78 outboard pylons w/launch rails (it seems they are not the regular LAU-77s  :BANGHEAD2:)

TIA. cheers.

Edited by Luca

Colin, where could we find that book for sale? I also love the VA-52 A-6B PAT/ARM and I need more info and pics showing the AGM-78 outboard pylons w/launch rails (it seems they are not the regular LAU-77s  :BANGHEAD2:)

TIA. cheers.

Luca, STD ARMs were usually carried on the INBOARD pylons. And only on LAU-77 type launchers.

The Aero-5s on the outboard pylons in that VA-52 photo are for SHRIKE.

I still have two new copies of Iron Hand. PM me if you still want the book and CE GBU-10A/Bs.

Regards

Tony

Luca, STD ARMs were usually carried on the INBOARD pylons. And only on LAU-77 type launchers.

The Aero-5s on the outboard pylons in that VA-52 photo are for SHRIKE.

hi Tony, but outboard pylons were wired as well for LAU-77/STD ARMs? I'd like fuel tanks on the inboad pylons...