Trumpeter Favourites

joe

Guys

What's your favourite trumpy 1/32 kit (s) and why?

I must admit I have a quite a few in the stash so based on what Im yet to build from how good they look in the box I have to say;

TBM-3 Avenger

Me 262 a1 and others

Su 27 Flanker B

F-14 B Tomcat

Cool subject choices IMO for sure

( but where is the up scaled f-111 from trumpy / hobbyboss)

Hey...,

my favorite one's are:

- A-6A Intruder (so cool that i build my second one)

- A-7E Corsair II (i love it so much)

- F-8 Crusader (look's damn cool to me)

- Su-27 Flanker B, the new tooling (awesome size)

- MiG 21UM Mongol

I really love those Trumpy birds...(but i wish they'd adopt the Revell-Price-policy...)

Best wishes guy's....

Well ... being a "Luftwaffe head" ... I love their awesome Me.262 series, best on the market in 1/32 by far ... Their Bf109G-2 is pretty good (being their most accurate Bf109)... and, shoot me here if you will - but I have to say that, although their other 109's aren't as accurate, they ARE a joy to build!! ... I've heard their Dauntless is pretty decent also ...

Rog :)

Hmm.  Hard to say.  In term of ease of assembly, etc, I enjoyed the Su-25 and the F-100.  But I really like their F-105D/G aircraft (even though they need a lot of extra work).

If I had to pick one?  I'd have to go with the Avenger, both the TBF-1 and the TBM-3 since it's a cool aircraft, well-detailed even OOB and my dad had some flights in them in the USNR after WW2.

Tim W.

Well, difficult as I don't know if I should promote the best kits in terms of assembly quality or accuracy or the ones I'm glad they released in spite of all the problems they have!

Globally, I think we should be very glad that this company had the guts to foster large scale kits. Indeed, when Trumpy released the first 1/32 kits such as the MIGs or the A-10, this scale was really the forgotten one. Hasegawa was simply re-releasing their seventies kits, Tamiya was in the best case producing a new kit every three years and Revell had not really a better rate of releases!

Yes, many kits have noticeable problems and generally, they are not cheap but compare the Trumpy catalog with a Nineties list of ID and Combat models kits. You'll be positively surprised!

Now, it seems they're becoming a second rank actor as the number of releases decreased drastically and we saw the arrival of other Chinese companies with a higher level of quality and accuracy such as Meng or Kitty Hawk.

I have built a few of the Jets/ props and I have to say I am a fan (even with all the issues)

The ones i like:

F-8 (Sadly I had built another F-8 but it was gone before i could get a pic of her finished)

DSCN2122-1.jpg

F-100

hun010.jpg

F-105

RobF105-002.jpg

Me-262

20011.jpg

F4F-4 Wildcat

DSCN4907.jpg

SBD-3

DAUNTLESS_019.jpg

Not really a fan of  ...although these were not that bad

F-18e

DSCN5140_zpsb48fce5d.jpg

Harrier

DSCN4735.jpg

F4u4

DSCN5110_zps32f1e8ab.jpg

1/24 FW-190 D9

DSCN1890.jpg

I also have built the P-40c but reached the photo limit...

Edited by Rob Colvin

Guest Peterpools

Joe

Lots of Trumpeter kits in the stash and the only one I've built so far is the Bearcat:

DSC_0003.jpg

Trumpeter kits is the stash:

Grumman F-14D 

Grumman A6A

Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat

Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat

Douglas SBD Duantless

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Well, difficult as I don't know if I should promote the best kits in terms of assembly quality or accuracy or the ones I'm glad they released in spite of all the problems they have!

Globally, I think we should be very glad that this company had the guts to foster large scale kits. Indeed, when Trumpy released the first 1/32 kits such as the MIGs or the A-10, this scale was really the forgotten one. Hasegawa was simply re-releasing their seventies kits, Tamiya was in the best case producing a new kit every three years and Revell had not really a better rate of releases!

Yes, many kits have noticeable problems and generally, they are not cheap but compare the Trumpy catalog with a Nineties list of ID and Combat models kits. You'll be positively surprised!

Now, it seems they're becoming a second rank actor as the number of releases decreased drastically and we saw the arrival of other Chinese companies with a higher level of quality and accuracy such as Meng or Kitty Hawk.

I'm going to second what Thierry said...

Setting aside accuracy and ease of construction, Trumpeter has set the bar pretty high with the breadth of their releases. When I got back into modeling 15 years ago, Trumpy's list of releases, especially in 1/32nd scale, was jaw dropping. A 1/32 Su-27B (and UB) was unheard of, as was a 1/32 Hun... not to mention the Avengers, Dauntlesses, etc.

I'd have to say, all things considered, what I think the favorites from Trumpeter are:

Avengers

Dauntlesses

Me 262 series

Swordfish

I like their later jets and have several of them. In my mind, this (partial) list shows the best of their 'A' team...  :)