Anytime Baby ......

Guest Peterpools

Well if you need any info on the GRU-7/A seat for ya F-14A project I have a Pilots seat sitting in my office at work. A gift from Grumman when the F-14 program was closed down after the F-14D.The seat is complete and fully packed but with no cartridges of course. Just in case you build an early F-14A they did have the ribbed cushions on the seat.

Well if you need any info on the GRU-7/A seat for ya F-14A project I have a Pilots seat sitting in my office at work. A gift from Grumman when the F-14 program was closed down after the F-14D.The seat is complete and fully packed but with no cartridges of course. Just in case you build an early F-14A they did have the ribbed cushions on the seat.

That's great. I have a buddy that has a collection of de-milled MB seats from Phantoms.

Talk about having a reference source handy. I always wanted to find/buy a decommissioned seat for the same purpose. Years ago, an LHS had an ejection seat in their window display that they had purchased for $100 or so as surplus. I lost the address where they got it from unfortunately before I could look into it further.

Carl

That's great. I have a buddy that has a collection of de-milled MB seats from Phantoms.

My seat is not demilled and still has the data card from the F-14A it was removed from.It was in storage and then given to me. I replaced all the soiled parts on it such as cushions and belts etc while I was at Miramar which just happened to be very convenient.It is 100% complete and fuctional.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Another piece of the pie arrived a short time ago:

Crossdelta's F-14D Tomcat Sunset #4: Tomcat Sunset Ceremony, NAS, Oceana, 2006 decal sheets. Gorgeous  for sure and printed by Cartograf.

Placement_Guide_1_fs_zpsdc04b141.jpg

Decal_fs_zps4250ab72.jpg

The only airplane I could ever be unfaithful to Phantom with.

I have built one Tam kit more than 20 years ago, have three more and all three Trumpies. You see I need to live to be 120 (at least).

More decal sheets I can ever use on these beauties.

One of my life time experiences was to see VF-2 birds in Oceana during 2002 Nats. You can imagine what it was for a boy from Eastern Block.

Crazy, like anyone who is in love.

Thank you for sharing the video.

Jozef