1/32 Tamiya F-16

Jax77

Hi Guy's

This may seem like a silly question, but I just wanted a second opinion. All those parts that go on the outside of the engine, The engine won't be seen so do I have to put all those parts on? If they don't help with any fit I'd like to just skip over those parts and get on with the build. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Wondering why you wouldn't install all the Exhaust nozzle parts? What parts exactly are you talking about; the convergent/divergent Flap/Flap seals and what engine???  If so, it's going to be noticeable for either Engine and look strange.

Your call, but it should be ok structurally; not recommended.

I was talking about all those little parts that go on the outside of the engine, parts that can't be seen after the fuselage is closed up. All burner can parts will be put on.

When I built mine many moons ago, I put on only the parts of the engine that could be seen from the outside. All the little parts that mounted to the side of the engine to make it look cool if displayed outside the airframe I left off. If I recall they have nothing to do with fit . The intake end and Hot end got whatever parts needed to look like the whole engine was in there when looking down the intake and up the afterburner.  

Hope this helps.

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

When I built mine many moons ago, I put on only the parts of the engine that could be seen from the outside. All the little parts that mounted to the side of the engine to make it look cool if displayed outside the airframe I left off. If I recall they have nothing to do with fit . The intake end and Hot end got whatever parts needed to look like the whole engine was in there when looking down the intake and up the afterburner.  

Hope this helps.

Paul

Yes it does.

Thank you

Actually, it's the most complete and accurate Engine included in a modern jet model kit. The dimensions and basic shape for the GE-129 are quite accurate. Sure, a lot of the detail is simplified, but there's a solid basis to make a detailed GE-129. It's about the only kit included engine that actually looks quite the part on the Engine R & I trailer. My only real peeve is they should have included the Hardback trailer instead. But yea, it's best displayed outside the model.