TERs & MERs, are these projects RIP?

Eli Raphael

Hi Folks,

MER and TER project is not dead! It has been on a "very" long hiatus though. :tumble:

Their driving force was my A-7D build and when it got sidelined so went the MER & TER.

The F-8E Crusader build pushed the A-7D and them to the back of the bench and then the F-100F build pushed the Crusader to the back.

Then came F-4B Phantom build which pushed the F-100F back, by now the A-7D and MER & TER had fallen "off"" the bench so to speak.

Let I forget the "concept" build of the elusive F-4K/M Phantom. :BANGHEAD2:

Then I pushed myself away from the bench; nearly 12 months ago! :(

Does this sound familiar to anyone else or is it just my A.D.D.? :wacko:

Barry

What did you say again?... :D

I know exactly what you mean Barry.

regards

Derek (Modelling Bumble Bee)

• 2 weeks later...

OK Ladies & Gents,

I have spent the last several hours determining what comes next. It took quite a while just to figure out where I placed all the bits and pieces. :hmmm:

I will be sending the MER main beam to Harold so he can fit it into his casting scheduled. I will then detail it to the next level as well as shortening one to TER length. In the interim I will be adding details to the ejector guns hopefully getting them ready for the “final†casting.

I am doing this for much needed therapy. My eldest younger brother Bart died of a heart attack while out jogging this past Monday. He had his first heart attack almost to the day two years ago and was recovering very well; it was not to be. I thought my mom's passing hurt; I have never experienced such heart break as his death caused. I think it's like out living your children; one should not have to say good-by to a younger sibling. :crying:

More to come :)

Barry

Barry, so sorry to hear. It is a special pain, I know. Lost my youngest brother 11 yrs ago and it still hurts, very much so. Was my best friend. Take care of yourself, and if you need to talk or anything, there are many here that will help, including me.   Your friend, Harv

Barry, so sorry to hear. It is a special pain, I know. Lost my youngest brother 11 yrs ago and it still hurts, very much so. Was my best friend. Take care of yourself, and if you need to talk or anything, there are many here that will help, including me.   Your friend, Harv

I also lost my middle brother and know how it hurts even today. It is strange, I can go months without thinking of him, but something will remind me of him, and it will be like just yesterday talking to him.