1/32nd Pilatus PC-7 from Scratch - 07/04 Spinner & Air Intakes

Fabster

Hi Fab,

That cockpit is looking seriously awesome! I've been away for work for a few weeks which has kept me away from the Vampire. I'm very glad to see you've been holding the fort with your top quality work. That is going to look absolutely brilliant with some paint on it :)

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the support end words of encouragement, guys.  

Not much to report in images right now as the work have stalled for a little while since I've been busy fabricating an improved vacuuforming box with the help of my brother as well as creating new, more accurate masters for the fuselage and canopy because the previous copies we had made were not completely satisfactory in some areas.  Hopefully the new vac box will overcome all previous issues and my final renditions will be usable so I can finally finish detailing the side walls/panels in the cockpit and be able to prepare myself for a painting session in a couple more weeks. Gulp!  

For now, I share with you some picts of the finished seat components:

The cushion is made of a piece of styrene wrapped in medical tape.  The seatbelts are from wine bottle lead foil and the buckles are from a generic Verlinden set. Not 100% accurate but they will do the job, I hope.

_DSC5398_zpsde0ac4c6.jpg

_DSC5365_zps52a0d425.jpg

Here is also a pict of the new masters next to the old, balsa wood original which started it all. These were casted from automotive Bondo, using one of the failed vaccu copies as "mold", then re-shaped and sanded to more correct form.

_DSC7056_zps39d45007.jpg

Finally, a shot of the BONEYARD I now have of discarded fuselages!  LOL   I may still use these to create "desk models" in the future.

_DSC7049_zps99843515.jpg

Cheers to all, that I'll try to keep facing the wind~!

Fab

That's dedication right there! So many copies, I'm sure you can find a few willing homes around here for them to go to ;) Neat trunk on the seat by the way and those buckles…. well I am just plain envious that none never look that good...

Well done again mate, keep up the good work!

Craig

Thank you guys for your continued support  and good vibe.

This project is still very much alive. It's just that I've been struggling with the new vacuuforming machine I've been developing but things are coming in the right direction, it seems.

I hope to be able to report on it pretty soon.

_DSC5429-2_zps08bb6e9b.jpg

Cheers, Fab

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, friends

Sorry for the lack of updates but here i am finally Back on Track!  

Thou i realize I most likely won't be able to finish this one on time even with the extension to this GB, I am fully committed to get it done for good and here's the next chapter on the cockpit job getting me so close to finish this part and prepare myself to start painting and detailing it before closing the fuselage.

But first things first and after some more trials and errors, the new vacuuformed fuselages (ver. 3.0!) came out good enough to be used for the final bodyand after some measurements and re-measurements I trimmed out the opening for cockpit, nose wheel well and wing 

_DSC7688_zps1b01be1f.jpg

_DSC7697_zps63b3f499.jpg

_DSC7698_zps09b9d74d.jpg

_DSC7699_zps37fb4ea0.jpg

Then it was time to layout the side panels where rows of breakers for all different systems are located. I used triangular rod for dividers as this is the shape the actual panels have plus buttons created from fine round rods. The final effect looks a little crowded but I am confident once painted and with the fuselage closed, it will look less "overscaled" ?

_DSC7701_zps2533e185.jpg

_DSC7704_zps2a7bb1fd.jpg

_DSC7706_zpsfdd61de1.jpg

_DSC7711_zpsd1201383.jpg

_DSC7759_zps61da3a35.jpg

....More to follow

And finally, the cockpit assembly as it looks once presented to the fuselage walls.  Circuit breakers on the right side and map pouches on the left one.

_DSC7739_zps56e31be1.jpg

_DSC7749_zps810efb1b.jpg

Thanks a lot everybody for checking in and keep cheering up this eternal project!  WE will see it finished in time, I promise!

Greetings,

Fabian