1/32nd Pilatus PC-7 from Scratch - 07/04 Spinner & Air Intakes

Fabster

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fab!

How's the PC-7 going? Any progress? It's looking good mate!

Craig

Thanks for the remainder, Craig and thank you all for your recent comments.  

Progress have been painfully slow lately though the project continues forward, nonetheless. The latest work done this past week focused primarily on the front end. I finally figured how to make the chin intake and the NACA intake below the nose area. Fairly simply done in the end by wrapping a thin strip of thin plasticard around a convex rectangle that follows the curvature of the engine fairing and the intake opening, if that makes sense. I have also turned the spinner out of automotive Bondo around a piece of brass tubbing that will also serve as the propeller shaft, running inside a slightly wider piece of tubbing that will hold it in position and allow it to spin. A "firewall" or sectional reinforcement will also hold the shaft at the right angle, as you can see.

Hopefully, the accompanying pictures below will reinforce the idea of what I meant to explain!

Greetings! 

FAB

_DSC7769_zpsadc748f7.jpg

_DSC7776_zpsc9ef705c.jpg

_DSC7764_zpse7647db4.jpg

Wow! glad I asked! Great work on the spinner Fab. Every time I look at your work I am still amazed by your skills. Don't worry about the speed of your progress, it's a real treat for everyone here watching this come together.

Craig

• 6 months later...