1/32nd Pilatus PC-7 from Scratch - 07/04 Spinner & Air Intakes

Fabster

That is truly outstanding work!  Cant wait for the next installment! Years after my last scratchbuild, it makes me want to give it another go.... will have to give it some serious thought.

Dave/Ironman1945

Hello, People.

Sorry for the lack of communication of the last week or so. Life got in the way and I also lost some steam in the process but still managed to get some things done.  I want to thank you all for your kind and uplifting words.  

At times when one thinks things are not coming along "as expected" and morale goes down because almost every step forward requires so much planning and struggling and even sometimes having to give a step or two back , your encouragement really helps a lot to reload those batteries and keep pushing things forward. 

Well, not so much done thing week but we can still call it progress nonetheless.  I finished creating the second instrument panel and center column, this time for the back station.  Even thou they share pretty much the same instruments, these panels present a different layout and dimensions which i tried to replicate as close as possible to the reference shots.

_DSC5764_zps216b33cd.jpg

_DSC5773_zpsba4ca870.jpg

I also spent several hours gathering pictures of actual instrument faces that I then reduced to scale and arranged in Photoshop, the way these Pilatus panels require. I printed a test layout on photo paper in my Epson inkjet to give me an idea how the thing is going to look like and also to check for adjustment to color and position (which i sure need to fix!).  I think the final image of the instrument faces will be done on a color laser printer or perhaps at Photo place as an actual photographic output, hoping resolution and definition of needles and other details will be much better.  We shall see in time.

_DSC5804_zps6ec73e2f.jpg

_DSC5787_zps7c6ebf4f.jpg

Finally, I also managed to create the new and final "boxes" for the four side panels in revised dimensions which will still have to be re-shaped a little, then dressed up with instrument faces, throttles, knobs, switches and stuff...  Lots of "fun" coming up from these next.

_DSC5795_zpsfbc550e6.jpg

Sorry for the not very consistent report but I hope you still find it a little interesting. Thanks for stopping by.

Fabian

Looks bloody good to me Fab  :goodjob:  You've done an amazing job with those instrument panels. Even though you might say it doesn't look like much progress, I don't think you'll find anyone reading this that can't appreciate how much effort it takes to build something like those panels from scratch, so neatly and in so much detail!

Craig

Looks bloody good to me Fab  :goodjob:  You've done an amazing job with those instrument panels. Even though you might say it doesn't look like much progress, I don't think you'll find anyone reading this that can't appreciate how much effort it takes to build something like those panels from scratch, so neatly and in so much detail!

Craig

Agreed!

Kev