1/32nd Pilatus PC-7 from Scratch - 07/04 Spinner & Air Intakes

Fabster

Thanks for following me on this one, guys!

Rafju, i am not sure if I will be making any attempts to copy this one as would first need to ...learn how to cast resin, how to make photoetched parts and how to scratchbuild with class!  haha  but i'll keep you in mind ;-)

Now, here's a little more work on the nose gear from this week.

I added some plumbing and wiring as well as some structural detail as close as I could to the real thing or at least to what I am able to see from the reference shots. 

I also tried to do some work on the nose gear but after seeing the incredible job Ripaman/Richard has done with the TAIL wheel of his Cat, I now feel ashamed to show my very humble efforts.   :-(

Okay, so here it goes...

Before:

_DSC5001_zpsebb91de5.jpg

And After:

_DSC5065_zpsf4dece9f.jpg

_DSC5063_zpsc5b24b68.jpg

_DSC5072_zps4e16eb30.jpg

_DSC5074_zps1edbf84b.jpg

_DSC5083_zps5719aa5b.jpg

_DSC5091_zpse13a4d07.jpg

_DSC5095_zpsd7ee3bef.jpg

There is still a lot of work to do around these 2 components so please be gentle with the criticism, lol.

Fab

Edited by Fabster

Hello Fabian

Many thanks for posting that outstanding scratch!

Got a question: do you have an actual plane not so far? or a pile of doc?

Thank You

raf

Hahaha!   I wish! Rafju... I only have some 3-view drawings and a small bunch of pictures I've gathered from here and there.

The rest just comes from a dream in my mind!

I'm happy you're liking my work here. Thanks for following it.

Fab

Thank you Peter! I'll keep posting until you guys get bored of it! LOL

...and thank you KEV. At one time I also thought of a PC-9. It was the logical sequel to this project. Who knows?

Cheers,

Fab

Hello Fab

do you know this page?

http://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/#214

R

Right!  I visited their website before (and saved the plans) but unfortunately there is no info on the original PC-7. They only feature the PC-7 Mk.II which is actually closer to the PC-9 than the PC-7. 

Luckily there are several walkarounds on the web which are helping a lot.

I agree with Lee White. If only all aircraft companies put out info like this!

Hi Fab,

Very nice scratch build of your front nose gear, and to me it looks like the picture I have seen, all you have to do is scratch build the scissors and it will look brilliant. I find scratch building alot of fun and it looks like you do as well. 

Hope this is OK to post, if it is not please delete.

Swissair_Pilatus_PC-7_zpsbc693ac5.jpg[/url]

Regards

Richard

Hi Fab,

Very nice scratch build of your front nose gear, and to me it looks like the picture I have seen, all you have to do is scratch build the scissors and it will look brilliant. I find scratch building alot of fun and it looks like you do as well. 

Hope this is OK to post, if it is not please delete.

Regards

Richard

Hi, Richard

Thanks a lot for your kind words. Coming from you, they are a huge compliment and I appreciate them.

Now that Swissair Pilatus is a classic. They were one of the first if not the first "civilian" owner of a PC-7.  I wonder if they still fly it.  

Thanks for adding this image to the thread. I think it gives it some extra content that is always welcomed.

I am definitely enjoying this new scratchbuilding thing. It is really involving and even addicting, but the more i get into it the more I realize how short on proper tools I am and how crude my work can be, especially when comparing your tools and results with what I have and achieve. Sometimes I feel I am working with bare nails and teeth!

Yours:

IMG_5974.jpg

...and Mine!      :-(

_DSC5030_zps5131bfd1.jpg

I honestly loved your set up and one of my new goals is to eventually get to that point (well, half way between mine and yours would be more than good to me, I believe) sometime in the future. I am aware it takes time and effort so I hope I can endure long enough to get better in future projects.

Thanks again.

Fab

A little weekend update on the Nose gear.  

I have added the scissors, the actuator and a few other details of this mechanism so the leg is pretty much done.

I still need to create the rim for the wheel and its mudguard and then I can move on to the next component to be tackled.

I hope you guys like it so far.

_DSC5116_zpscd920b23.jpg

_DSC5109_zpsc895443c.jpg

_DSC5133_zpsfd6c17a2.jpg

Thanks for checking in.

Fab

Edited by Fabster