Great recovery Rick! Very skilled and determined modelling there. Looking forward to your continued, unhampered progress!

Kev

Agreed, and really enjoy your writing style. Very entertaining and enjoyable.

Ron

TAKING A BREAK

This challenging build has been a device of severe angst.  When I lay awake at night thinking about this build, then it's time to pack away for awhile.  When my head gets cleared up I will decide whats next.  Thinking Uber/Shake 'n Bake/OOB.

FW190C_Packed01.jpg

FW190C_Packed02.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Rick

Sorry to see the FW packed away as it has been an amazing journey. Looking forward to you picking it up again when the time is right.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Build that WNW DH9 we got you, it's a superb kit right out of the box. Come on, greek markings and all!

Îαι!  Πιθανός επιλέγω τη DH.9 ελληνική ναυτική υπηÏεσία του αέÏα.

Rick

Sorry to see the FW packed away as it has been an amazing journey. Looking forward to you picking it up again when the time is right.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you for your kind words and support Peter.  I'll get back to it in a few months.  My head just isn't into it.

Uber Kit Candidates are:

• WNW DH.9 Greek Naval AIr Service
  • ZM Ta152
  • TAM P-51 Swiss Air Force using Matterhorn masks
  • TAM F4U thinking anything USMC
Edited by Rick K

• 1 year later...

BACK FROM THE SHELF O' DOOM

I received my FW190D9 "Tall Tail" from Hasegawa.  I cannot say enough positive comments about HAG customer service.  I have placed orders for parts (sprues) on multiple occasions and they have easily filled my order.

FW190C_TailGraft.01.jpg

Cut at the panel line.

FW190C_TailGraft.02.jpg

After assembly of the tail and tail wheel the new "Tall Tail" was grafted to the fuselage using stryene strips for locators and 5 minute epoxy.  The white card is a shim.  Fill/sand/scribe required later.

FW190C_TailGraft.03.jpg

Going to let this cure for a few days before I touch it.

PROPELLER ADJUSTMENT

Not happy with the spindly Planet Model supplied prop blades.  I pulled some Hasegawa FW190 prop blades from my scrap box.  These are beefier and look closer to images appearing in the Smith/Creek's FW190 Vol. 1, pp 253-259.

FW190C_Prop.01.jpg

A coat of RLM 70 followed by a shot of silver on the blade collar.  Using my PropMaster I aligned and glued the blades on the hub.

FW190C_Prop.02.jpg

Prop boss dry fitted.

FW190C_Prop.03.jpg

Another test fit with the engine cowling.

Edited by Rick K

Have the kit as well, and want to do the V-18 in its three versions, as an 'A-0 using the PMC kit, the 'U1 like you are doing, and as a Ta152 H prototype. Local guy up here (Seattle) did the 'U1 a couple years back, nice job. I would have dressed up the conversion DB603 radiator group instead of faking it with the Jumo unit though, different on the outside as well as the inside.

Edited by stevegallacci

Local guy up here (Seattle) did the 'U1 a couple years back, nice job. I would have dressed up the conversion DB603 radiator group instead of faking it with the Jumo unit though, different on the outside as well as the inside.

Cheers Steve.

Yes, I saw those posts.  A lovely finish.

Faking it?  Not faking anything.   It's FICE.   :)

*I assure you there will be many more "inaccuracies" on this build. 

*See FICE

Edited by Rick K

Nice work, Rick.  Good show.  Good to see you again.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark!

Rick, it is a pleasure to follow your build(s)! The new prop looks great!

Thanks Thomas.

Good to see it back from the SOD !

And great (re)start !

Thanks!