Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

It looks as though it may be a marked improvement Fozzy, well done. I would n't worry about the odd small imperfection as I suspect that this may make your model look even more realistic.

Enjoy your summer and I look forward to when you can pick this back up.

Hey Fozzy, if the camera shows "every little imperfection" then I think you are on to a winner - I can't see many imperfections at all! Big improvement, looking forward to the next update after you get back.

Jim

• 2 months later...

Good afternoon everyone

Long time no post!

I Arrived back to Bulgaria after a long stay in UK....and very nice it was too...except , of course , I got withdrawal symptoms from lack of modelling!!...soon fix that!

I do hope everyone had a great summer! :coolio:

So looking at my last post I announced that I was going to skin the B17 with Alutape....well I haven't quite finished yet as it is a bit of a fiddly operation...what with having to measure up sections and punching all the rivets!

Just the front section to go and a bit of tidying up of some of the joints and then its on to the nose art work.

Here are a few photo's of how she's looking............................

hgf%20034_zpst3zt52x4.jpg

hgf%20033_zpsyzo5qnua.jpg

hgf%20029_zps8uxltjot.jpg

hgf%20030_zpsrzoj4sce.jpg

I'll finish the rest of the skinning then get back to you.

BTW......did I tell you how good it was to be back on LSPsmile.png

Cheers

Fozzy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

It took some time but at long last I have finished skinning the fuselage with alutape!...certain sections I had to re do and fill a few gaps with kitchen alu foil but I am pleased with the end result.

Photographing was a bit of a nightmare due to the shine but here they are...I hope you all aprove! :)

tf%20010_zpsd2tmsow1.jpg

tf%20011_zpsdvhgaqfu.jpg

tf%20004_zpspx4wqugo.jpg

tf%20003_zpssbzafsjm.jpg

tf%20008_zpsr4qpmwys.jpg

hgf%20025_zpsghbyawzt.jpg

tf%20002_zpsqhagnqhk.jpg

jj%20004_zpsx1bih2th.jpg

jj%20001_zpsyg6pmfci.jpg

I can't believe that I only have a few posts left after all this time!! ohmy.png

...to sum up all I have to do is place the MGs on the chin turret and the nose cheek positions...........

....make a crew hatch door.........

and finally do some sort of nose art....

The nose art will be the tough one for me!...I need something pretty damn easy to copy as I am going to hand paint it...so far I have looked at many nose art photos  that were on the "all aluminum " B17Gs...most of them being half undressed ladies! wicked.gif...so I am still looking!...I do like the "Aluminum overcast" nose art however!...if you guys know of anything simple but interesting let me know!

I'll be back when the Mgs are on and the hatch built

Cheers for looking in lads

Fozzy