Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

Hi

Haven't posted for a while because here in Bulgaria there has been terrible storms and floods which un fortunately caught me out whilst taking my Wife to the Airport.....I got trapped in the floods and my car broke down in the middle of no where! :( The wife was not impressed as we missed the flight!...so I have been away from the office and fixing the car etc!!

However.....I got to get to the bench in the last couple of days and so...............

Time for another update!

I managed to get the bucket seats finished.

I started to anneal a coca cola can and got cutting and shaping when I stopped and decided that it would be a lot easier to make the seats out of plastic card :rolleyes: !!............here they are................

m004_zpsb2163eac.jpg

m005_zps7826af46.jpg

I took a few photo's of them on the frames........................

m002_zps4c11a09b.jpg

m9_zps6afc55c8.jpg

m006_zps0767c0ef.jpg

I just had to see what they looked like in the cockpit wink.png

b012_zps0a5633b8.jpg

m012_zpsf7395917.jpg

m008_zpsc21d65c1.jpg

post continues ..................................

Next up was the seat cushions.

Of course I have run out of Milliput just when I need it! owww.gif

Time to improvise! hmmm.gif ..........a few years back I bought some plasticine which I thought I would have a go at using...after moulding to shape I tried to harden it by giving it a couple of washes with diluted white glue and floor polish...it sort of worked!!....although its not set hard...and probably won't ever.............but??.....it looks ok I think...what do you think?...........

w013_zps9848a51b.jpg

w011_zps88b12f4a.jpg

I then glued them onto  the seats and balanced them on the seat frames and placed them in the cockpit for a few photo's.

w023_zps99b78369.jpg

w006_zps5c98ba20.jpg

w019_zps0ddd5ec5.jpg

w014_zps53e00050.jpg

w021_zps0a5fef93.jpg

I am in the process of making the seat belts out of the coca cola can ready to go onto the seats.....when this is complete I will post again.

Thanks a lot for looking in

Fozzy smile.png

Cheers Harv :)

Hello again

As I mentioned yesterday that I was making the seat belts...well they are finished so I thought I'd post the pics now!

It wasn't a waste of time annealing the aluminum coke can for the bucket seats after all ,as it came in handy for these belts! wink.png

Here they are before attaching them to the seats.....................

w002_zps60ecd843.jpg

........and here they are on the seats and in the cockpit without the fuselage top on.................

fd005_zpsd2a46d44.jpg

j004_zps8fff7be9.jpg

hhh002_zps27e7bd8b.jpg

here are some shots with the top halve of the fuselage......first taken through the pilots port side window ................

hhh006_zps9d8cb270.jpg

...and through the pilots top perspex .......

hhh007_zpsf1a10fcd.jpg

...and through the top of the co pilots perspex....

hhh012_zpse2e2ebc3.jpg

...and finally through the co pilots side window...

hhh013_zps224cc51a.jpg

Okay then .....moving on we have all the bits and bobs that fit behind both seats (oxygen bottles ,pumps etc etc)...which I will start scratching later.

Once again ..thanks for taking a looksie! smile.png

Fozzy

Good afternoon Gents and Ladies of course!

Thing is...its not a good afternoon at all! sad.pngsad.pngviolin.gif

As modellers we have all done it I'm sure!.....Nice day out side ...light looks good to photo the next post for the forum.....set the model up on a table out side in the garden...take a few choice photo's pipe.gif ...pick up the model and proceed to the computer to see what the snaps look like and.........................................

Fall flat on your ars#.. blush.png ........ as you go down you try to save the model juggling it from hand to hand .....but its no use the hard ground is getting closer. ohmy.png ....you don't give a hoot about your own well being ...as long as the model doesn't get smashed?. unsure.png ..but you finally come to your senses and let the model go so you can use your hands to stop the concrete smashing you in the face.

Then comes the wait!!. waiting.gif .......you are on the floor...you dare not look towards the crumpled mess that was once your model!...but you take a peek........AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!. yikes.gif ......Then comes the ...."all the hours.....no years ...I have put into making this model !!"

That blo#dy step !!why didn't I walk the other friggin way! wall.gif

Then comes the damage report........................

ITEMS TO BE FIXED

1. Re set both Pilot and Co pilot seats onto cockpit floor.

2. Replace 2 x oxygen bottles on lower flooring bellow cockpit floor.

3. Fix and re glue Chin Turret aiming device.

4. re glue the work that I did this morning!!

Not too bad I suppose although its at least a days work to rectify! weep.gif

Before I set about fixing it I might as well show you the blasted said photos of the small progress I did make before this disaster!!

I managed to find a scrap of milliput and I set about making this.......................

yt003_zpsd108b13a.jpg

I made two of them...they sit beneath the Pilot and co pilot seats....some sort of electric motor or pump??any body out there who knows what they are ..let me know!!! wink.png

Here they are painted and installed ( well..they are not at the moment ) rolleyes.gif ...............

yt004_zps9164baf2.jpg

oo001_zps003b98ec.jpg

Right then.....back to the drawing board!!!.......laters

Fozzy.........did I mention that I have a few bruises?..no?