Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

Hi there

Well .....I managed to fix the problem with the cockpit  dimensions and I think that when I place the control columns in place they wont brush against the side walls as they did before!.... unsure.png ...well they better not else there will be trouble!! fight.gif

Here are the unpleasant to look at photos of the reconstruction!!!........................

x004_zps11ba18a7.jpg

k003_zps9ea390d9.jpg

l002_zps3874add3.jpg

f002_zps56bee08e.jpg

r001_zps3371fe83.jpg

...........and all back together again..........

tt004_zps33286a23.jpg

So now I am back to where I was a few days ago.....lets hope there are no other issues! unsure.png

Next post I will have the control columns in place.

Cheers for looking in

Fozzy

Cheers Boris!

Hi to all

hope everyone is fine and happily modelling away!! smile.png

Okay........so after the nightmare of the last post I have managed to get the control columns finished and installed!

I am pleased that I took the time to adjust the cockpit walls as now the control columns sit in their place nicely .

Here are the columns painted and ready to be installed..............................

tt001_zps10df2689.jpg

The little canvas boots on the bottom of the sticks were a bit of a pain to replicate....I decided to use some stretchy tissue...here they are in the process of being made............................

tt006_zpsed1a15af.jpg

Next up was the rudder trim tab wheel and the locking handles.....of course I forgot to drill out the holes for the locking handles to sit in ...should have done that ages ago when I was constructing the floors doh.gif ...so it took longer than it should have done because I was trying not to smash everything else in the drills path!!...I managed to get the holes drilled and built the wheel and handles out of scrap plastic....................

g001_zps79bdf772.jpg

So here is a shot of the parts built ...............................

g002_zps71a5b2ee.jpg

So here we have a few shots/angles of the control columns...WARNING....photo heavy!! ..... wink.png

l1_zpsd4491d00.jpg

g008_zps4274e629.jpg

l3_zps04052cef.jpg

g016_zps3e53bc14.jpg

l_zpsa8b4ac85.jpg

l2_zpse1fa98b1.jpg

I have to say that I am very pleased with the way it is looking in the cockpit so far......when I have signed off here I am going to start on the pilot/co pilot seats and frames.

Thanks guys for taking the time to have a nose at this nutty project!! rolleyes.gif

bye for now

Fozzy