Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

Hi there to all

Well I am really sorry to say  (for me any way) that this will be the last post for quite a while sad.png

...because I am heading off to my Motherland for the Summer...UK that is.....it is too hot for me here in Bulgaria at this time of year and every year I go back and spend 6 to 7 weeks in the cooler climate cool.png ..............this of course means that I will have to down tools for a while and try to drag my self away from the work bench angry.png .....but I will be back at the end of August  and I will then try to get this Project wound up wink.png

So in the mean time for my last post I have started on the central console. This is not finished yet as I have a box to put on the front (auto pilot) and another box at the back of the console.....this will have to wait until the end of August.

So the first photo shows the sort of plinth that the central console is attached to...I think you can see how I built that!!.. wink.png

xa003_zpsd2cd540a.jpg

The next two photos show how I have made a start on the console................

xa010_zps695c3b5e.jpg

xa009_zps96d90588.jpg

I then attempted to put all the knobs and handles on!.................

v_zpsd6f1af20.jpg

xa007_zps01dfab39.jpg

I then put the console into the cockpit to see how it scaled up........................

xa012_zpsa6f1d985.jpg

h_zps92459c33.jpg

I then added a trimming wheel to the side of the base....you can just see it in this photo.......

k_zps351bcaa9.jpg

It was time to get it looking all real!!!...in other words ...paint it!! rolleyes.gif ...............which you will see in the next post......

Here is the Central Console with a bit of colour!!..........

xa039_zps0e83a1a1.jpg

br003_zps129f8e89.jpg

br010_zps009f0020.jpg

xa004_zps4dfdb455.jpg

xa020_zps669c1b1c.jpg

xa029_zps94d88cf4.jpg

....and because I like the photo a lot....here is the first shot again!!! wink.png

xa039_zps0e83a1a1.jpg

Well sadly that's it until the end of August when I will be back with a vengeance!.....so until then I hope everyone has a great Summer and makes lots of models (lucky ba####ds) wink.png

See you

Fozzy

Stupendous Foz'

We will miss your updates for sure but it is OK cause that is just for a while.

I recon UK is a good place to get cool during summer !!  :rofl:... sorry  :rolleyes:

Stupendous Foz'

We will miss your updates for sure but it is OK cause that is just for a while.

I recon UK is a good place to get cool during summer !!  :rofl:... sorry  :rolleyes:

Cheers Loic...although I am off to the sunshine coast in Eastbourne which seems to have better weather than anywhere else in UK...mind you ..I don't mind a bit of rain!! ;)

I was just kidding Foz'  :P

OK, I must confess I prefer sunglasses rather than raincoat but I spent a few years in the UK ... mainly in Liverpool :crying: (just talking about weather here as I had some awsome time there) and in London ... so I "know" what it's like and weather is not that bad in the UK honnestly... appart from Liverpool  :rofl:

This said, rain is just the perfect weather for modelling my friend :thumbsup:

Anyway, we will miss your updates mate !

I was just kidding Foz'  :P

OK, I must confess I prefer sunglasses rather than raincoat but I spent a few years in the UK ... mainly in Liverpool :crying: (just talking about weather here as I had some awsome time there) and in London ... so I "know" what it's like and weather is not that bad in the UK honnestly... appart from Liverpool  :rofl:

This said, rain is just the perfect weather for modelling my friend :thumbsup:

Anyway, we will miss your updates mate !

Yes I know you were only kidding Loic! :hmmm: ...as for modelling when its raining...no can do...all my stuff is here!! :(

Guest Peterpools

Fozzy

Incredible, just incredible work and I'll be waiting patiently for your next update in August

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone

Its great to be back!

Its been a long summer in UK with many things happening...what with illness in my family and a few other problems ..it is good to be back here in Bulgaria and more importantly to my workbench ;)

I always find it hard to get back into the swing of modeling after a long break and I have been putting it off for a few days but sooner or later I just have to finish this B17G project!!...I was thinking of making a quick kit before getting back into the scratch building lark...(which I still might do)

So last night I had a go at continuing with the cockpit with something simple and decided to make the Autopilot box....Usual materials were used...plastic and wire.....here it is................

k001_zpsf47b82fe.jpg

Here it is glued into position................

yt006_zps739eecf9.jpg

hgf008_zps9330a78d.jpg

yt001_zpsaabe0310.jpg

yt009_zps5f903e9f.jpg

yt005_zps97dacd49.jpg

It really is great to be back modelling again...I do miss it when I am nowhere near a bench!!!! smile.png

Ok then........in a few days time I will have another post for you with more cockpit work......... I really would like move on with this to get it finished for next summer and maybe get it up to Telford!....so much to do though!! sad.png

cheers for now!

Fozzy