Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

First rate all the way.

Wow.  That chart worked perfectly.  It really adds to the realism.  I've got to see if I can shrink it down to the 1/32 size.  The rest of that compartment looks incredible.  

Edited by Silver Dollar

Hi all

My thanks to SD ,Boris and Shep for your support :)

Okay...so I have a small update for you.

I am trying to get all the small detail done before I have a go at the 50 cal cheek guns...and here is some of the small detail..........

Starting with................

THE ASTRODOME DETAIL

Here we have a couple of photos of the detail ....and just to point out that a lot of it was guess work!!!! :(

sx002_zpsade09ad4.jpg

sx008_zps5e6af44e.jpg

CHEEK GUN ATTACHMENT CABLES AND PULLEYS

There will be another two cables attached to the pulleys when the Guns are mounted in the windows........................

sx018_zpsd738821c.jpg

sx032_zpsb30dff3e.jpg

sx020_zps8a82c914.jpg

sx024_zps7c03e4ad.jpg

Bloody fidely I'll tell you!!!! :rolleyes:

So its on to the Guns!!........This will probably take some time as two of them will have to be made ...but I'll post updates on them as and when I get any progress done.

Cheers for looking in

Fozzy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ...and thanks for all your comments :) 

CHEEK GUNS

Well I have started on the cheek guns and here are a few photos of them during construction.......................

guns002_zps87339a08.jpg

guns011_zps86395216.jpg

guns004_zps4be84641.jpg

guns008_zps2a8987b2.jpg

guns005_zpsd5d2ac77.jpg

.....as per usual I made them from scrap plastic ,a few bits of of a coca cola can and wire........here they are painted.....

mb002_zps5c51cfdf.jpg

mb001_zps85119e2b.jpg

Just to say that I still have to make the gun mounts which will slip over the guns and then the loading handles and a little more detail here and there before they are finished.....which will be the next job......and there's more!!....................

This post will be about me moaning about "Why the hell did I start this project"!! :(

I looked at the cheek gun covers that I have all ready made and decided that .............

A. They are just not good enough....and....

B. What the hell was I thinking of......it was going to be a nightmare trying to fit the guns through the apertures when the two halves are joined...not to mention attaching the ammo belts!!! :unsure:

So I decided to re do the window covers by fixing them onto the fuselage at this stage.........here are a few photos of the rehash!!!.........

bv001_zps26169c46.jpg

bv007_zps978ccb63.jpg

lk008_zps1a0cce95.jpg

bv003_zpsb947a4f1.jpg

I think it will be easier to fix the guns into the apertures this way....but I will be honest.....not too sure if this is going to work out ...I have a horrible feeling that its going to look rubbish ........... :(

I guess time will tell!

The wife has got me to get on with all the concrete that has to be done around the property!!...and my Band are calling me to "learn the blasted set"!!  so there might be a bit of a break before the next post chaps............

....but I'll be back ;)

Fozzy