Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

fozzy

Thanks Roy.....the vertical ribs are just plain an simple plastic card.....I put a strip where the rib is to go first (after punching holes with a needle to represent rivets) and then glue on top of that another fine cut strip !...takes some time but works I think  ;)

Thanks for the reply... however what I mean is the ribs running from top to bottom. So the ones with a wider strip 'on top'. It puzzles me how you achieved the bend in the narrow middle piece. I made a little drawing to show you what I mean. I'm talking about the strip that, on the drawing, is referenced as "this strip". I hope I made the drawing correct. 

13087540194_5774a5a940_z.jpg

Fozzy

I absolutely speechless.... just brilliant work and a fascinating project.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Cheers Peter....don't worry I am not going to stop now ...too near the end!!! ;)

fozzy, someone posted this on my Fortress build thread - I forget who / when:

bomb_glide_angle_diagram_inside_b-17_nos

Hallelujah!!! :bow: ....there it is!!!..thats exactly what I am after Rich.....brilliant...Silver Dollar has been very kindly helping me with some great photos of this chart...but I think we have found it SD!!!.....You have made an old man very happy!!! thanks very much for posting this Rich :)

"Dont do that Bill...else it will be less people watching this thread!!"

I won't but this is real master modeling in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

glad your not going to top yourself Bill! :P ...cheers

Thanks Roy.....the vertical ribs are just plain an simple plastic card.....I put a strip where the rib is to go first (after punching holes with a needle to represent rivets) and then glue on top of that another fine cut strip !...takes some time but works I think  ;)

Thanks for the reply... however what I mean is the ribs running from top to bottom. So the ones with a wider strip 'on top'. It puzzles me how you achieved the bend in the narrow middle piece. I made a little drawing to show you what I mean. I'm talking about the strip that, on the drawing, is referenced as "this strip". I hope I made the drawing correct. 

13087540194_5774a5a940_z.jpg

Yes I do understand what you meant Roy.....PM coming your way tomorrow with an explanation and all will become clear....I hope! :)

I just love all the wiring work. Wow this rocks.

Oliver

Thanks Oliver... :)

I am still finishing off all the small detail in the Navigator/Bombardiers position...should have an update soon............

Hi everyone

Well I said that I was finishing off the small detail in the Nav/Bombardiers compartment before attempting the guns.....well that was a laugh! :whistle: ....still not complete!

CHIN TURRET GUN SIGHT

I did manage after 4 days to replicate some sort of gun sight however.....this I might add is my interpretation as lack of decent photos made it very difficult. I do have many photos but most of them are all either face on or 3/4 angle shots ....forcing me to imagine what the other side looks like!......I think it looks like the N-6 sight attached to the motor frame...so it will have to do!!! :unsure:

I also managed to de -size the great photo that Rich posted for  Silver Dollar and me.....I glued it to a plastic board and then glued it in position......ironic really as after all the effort of finding the blasted thing .....the scale of it destroys most of the detail of the print and you can hardly see it!!! :rolleyes:

Any way ....slightly nervous in showing these photos as the sight nearly beat me :( ......................

sx015_zps4ff80297.jpg

sx017_zps9d51dc03.jpg

So thats a couple of pics of the Bomb glide chart............

....and here is that blasted Gun Sight!!!!.............

sx019_zps04e2f505.jpg

sx018_zpsa28198d4.jpg

sx031_zps7693326f.jpg

sx040_zpsbecbaf0c.jpg

sx026_zps3ae9fcd7.jpg

sx039_zps045f39ef.jpg

sx036_zps79c2fd2a.jpg

sx023_zps7b4c8cab.jpg

Well there you are!!!

I still have a tiny bit more detail to do before the guns but will take time as I cant seem to find good enough photos of the 50 cal side gun attachment pulleys and cables.....but will get back to you when done!

Thanks chaps for taking the time and looking at this :)

Fozzy

awesome, love it!

Just to reiterate, someone else posted that glide chart photo, I take no credit!

yes Rich ...but you passed it on mate ;)

Wonderful! It must be so pleasing to be able to do all of this. 

Enjoying every picture. 

Thanks Roy....yes it is satisfying but can be frustrating as well ....especially without the proper photos at hand!!!!

Fozzy, I just de-lurked and had to comment on this. This is an unbelievable build, I wish I had half your talent. I'm am using this build as an inspiration for my build (which I will be starting a thread for soon) and have been stealing ideas.

Fozzy, I just de-lurked and had to comment on this. This is an unbelievable build, I wish I had half your talent. I'm am using this build as an inspiration for my build (which I will be starting a thread for soon) and have been stealing ideas.

"Fill your boots"...as they say Mark...glad I can help in some way for your build ;)