Kittyhawk 1/32 T-6G Texan

LSP_Kevin

Well folks, I'm just finishing up my review of the Kittyhawk Models 1/32 Texan, and thought I'd continue the process with an OOB review build, much like I did with the HK Models Meteor. I'll be building it as close to OOB as possible, and using the kit's decals. This will take somewhat longer than the Meteor, but will hopefully still serve as a useful guide to how it goes together, and how the supplied decals perform. Rather than bore you with photos of the kit's contents etc, I'll post a link to the review when it's ready, as it contains all that stuff already.

More soon!

Kev

Thanks for your interest fella. Here's the link to the review so you can check out the contents, if you haven't seen them already:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1241

I might be a little while actually cutting plastic on this one, as I don't have anywhere to put the Meteor, so it's still sitting on my workbench, preventing me from starting anything else. No idea where to put it yet either!

Kev

I'll be following along and hope in future that either they bring out a proper Canadian version or someone supplies an aftermarket correction set to do the RCAF version.

:popcorn:

Vaughn

Edited by spacewolf

I'll be following along and hope in future that either they bring out a proper Canadian version or someone supplies an aftermarket correction set to do the RCAF version.

:popcorn:

Vaughn

I know a lot of people have mentioned you cant do a proper Harvard from the kit...............so if most of the antenna or what-nots are there, the long exhaust is there, what are we missing, canopy parts?

Guest Jessie_C

I know a lot of people have mentioned you cant do a proper Harvard from the kit...............so if most of the antenna or what-nots are there, the long exhaust is there, what are we missing, canopy parts?

And proper fuselage parts to put the canopy on. There were also some minor differences in the interior: instrument panel arrangement, throttle handles, British radios and the like.

And proper fuselage parts to put the canopy on. There were also some minor differences in the interior: instrument panel arrangement, throttle handles, British radios and the like.

Ohhhh keeeey. Like what fuselage differences?  Like whole new kit differences or like most people can live with it differences?

... or someone supplies an aftermarket correction set to do the RCAF version.

It would be more of a conversion than a correction since the kit is a Texan.  It would involve cutting into the upper fuselage at the end of the main canopy to add a section with the proper curved lower edge to a replacement rear canopy.  The long exhaust is missing the heater pipe I've seen inside with the inlets to the cockpit's cabin. 

Hopefully, it will look like what Ultracast did for their 1/48th scale Harvard exhaust (which is being compared to the Occidental kit's part):

02.jpg

As for Harvards, there are others which can point out more details than I (such as RCAF_100).

Regards,